Question

Heart rate monitor chest strap

• 8 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi people,

I need a help..

Bought the heart rate monitor chest strap to pair with my Wahoo and or Strava app when cycling, but my phone (Mate 20pro) keep cutting the signal, even on the really short distance (like 30-40cm aways from the chest).

Bought the another monitor to give it a go and it doesn't work as well..

Tested both monitors on iPad/iPhone and they work faultlessly from distance up to 10meters.

I don't understand what is the issue as bluetooth on my phone works well with other devices, speakers, earphones, headphones etc. even from a longer distance like 10metres or so.

So frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.

Tried to delete the Huawei health app, reinstalled it again..
But could not connect the monitor inside the app.

So, the monitor does connect in Wahoo/Strava app and it does show under bluetooth connections..
But it keeps losing the signal..

How to go around this?

Any solution or I have to change the phone..😩

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@CeLe it might be a battery management issue which is causing the problem. Check under Battery settings > App launch and/or more battery settings to check the app is able to run in the background and stay connected with the device sleeps.
@CeLe it might be a battery management issue which is causing the problem. Check under Battery settings > App launch and/or more battery settings to check the app is able to run in the background and stay connected with the device sleeps.
Already did that.. But sadly it isn't
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@CeLe I have asked Support to look into this for you.