Answered

Honor band 4 - app connection?

• 27 October 2018
  • 35 replies

I have a brand new Honor band 4 ready to go into use alongside my band 2 Pro and Watch 2. At present both band and watch are Bluetooth paired with the Huawei Wear app which passes the data to Huawei Health, that way I can easily exchange devices during the day according to need without losing any data and everything works perfectly.

My question is how to best connect the Honor band 4 because at the moment it isn't supported by the Huawei Wear app. However it IS supported by Huawei Health app directly. So what happens if I have 2 devices paired to Wear app and 1 device paired to Health app - will I be able to choose from 3 devices without loss of data (what I want) or will I lose the ability to exchange devices ??
Can anyone advise me please?
icon

Best answer by Max 31 October 2018, 15:11

Hello Gmincca,

Excellent question you have posted. The honor band 4 like all our new devices connects directly with the Health app and no longer needs pairing with the Wear app.
Depending on the phone you are using it should be rather easy to manage all devices, but I would need a bit more detailes about the phone to further check and test this.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
View original

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello Gmincca,

Excellent question you have posted. The honor band 4 like all our new devices connects directly with the Health app and no longer needs pairing with the Wear app.
Depending on the phone you are using it should be rather easy to manage all devices, but I would need a bit more detailes about the phone to further check and test this.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Hello Gmincca,

Best wishes,
Max

Max,
Many thanks for your reply and support. I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 phone (mediatek variant with 3Gb ram 64Gb rom).
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello gmincca,

Thank you for the info, I will do my best to keep you update via PM.

Best,
Max
Pleased to report Band 4 working perfectly alongside band 2 pro and watch 2. All three devices fully interchangeable and no data loss on Health app.
Perfect!
I just bough the honor band 4 a d downloaded the huawe wear. I need help in connecting the two so that i can switch the language setting in English, but honor band 4 doesnt seem to be part of the list for Devices and Accessories specially in the Smart band category. I NEED HELP

I am having the same issue as above. We have an honor band 4. Have installed the health app with all the others also wear and mobile services app but the honor 4 does not show in the list. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc but no luck. I allow it to connect to Chinese server for the update but no update arrives on the phone. So I check for updates and it says fully updated. We have an Android Samsung A3 2016 phone with android nougat I think installed. I have tested this on another android phone and the same happens it will not see the honor band 4 in the devices list .

Please help
it worked when i downloaded the Huawei health, but it did not change the language to english. I am using Iphone 7 and change the language to English US and even tried UK but to no avail.
HI, I have the same problem on the Iphone X I can't find the Honor band 4 on the app Hauwei wear. what can I do?

Thank you
you have to download huawei health and make sure the app is up fo date. It's not enough that you change the language to english, you need to change the region to English as well
Hi
Since a few weeks I'm using my honor band 4. Great product but.. there is an issue on the bluetooth. Randomically it switches off and is not possible to reactivate it manually. (Am I wrong?
So I had to restart the band and sometimes it worked. Now this workaround is not working anymore and bluetooth is KO.
Any advice or suggestion?
Thanks
Hi,

I got a mate 9 and a new band 4. The band seems to work but I can't update the device list and in top of that it says that I have no connexion. I'm desesperate it s now useless. What can I do? I tried with the wifi and two different carrier nothing change. I live in France thank you for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of support from our side. If you are still having issues with the Honor Band 4. Please make sure your app is up to date. And please note that The honor band 4 connects directly with the Health app and no longer needs pairing with the Wear app.

If you are still having issues with your Honor Band 4, you can find a user guide and a quick start guide on this page.

Hope this helps!
Hi,

My huawei mate 9 is up to date. It unable to update and find my band. Anyway...it doesn't work it's a mess...
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Ryosaeba,

Sorry to hear about the situation you are facing!

In regards to this, could you please open the HiCare application, go to Home, tap on the '+' symbol in the top right corner and tap on "Smart Band" > scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on "Can't see your device?"

From there the application will prompt you towards the AppGallery to download the correct software the device needs to install in order to pair and find your Honor Band 4.

Let me know if this did the trick for you!😀

Regards,
Max
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mPBRD49x_dhKSLsH9wypSK5fpbBG8jvC/view?usp=drivesdk

Max as you can see everything seems good but still not working

Sync between Honor band 4 and health app is not happening

And I tried the following steps also

If you experience syncing issues between your band and the Health App we suggest unpairing the devices, then pairing them again.
Moreover, if this still didn't sort out the issue a quick clear cache could help as well. You can do that by opening Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps > Health > Storage , here tap clear cache.
Trying to connect but I can’t find the pair button for it Can anyone help me???

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Thank you for taking your time to report on the situation and providing us with further information and screenshots.

Could you please send me a PM with the Serial Number of your device and a brief description of the issue? This way we could check on the issue and find a solution a lot easier.

Best wishes,
Max
Hey, I recently purchased the Honor Band 4 - but it's impossible to connect to my phone:
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
Android 7.1.1

I have downloaded "Huawei Health" app - but this requires "Huawei Mobile Sirvices" to be installed - which gives the error in Google Play store:
"This item isn't available in your country"
My Google Play store account was initially set to US - but I have changed it some days ago to DK (Denmark) and restated my phone several times.

Please tell me how to install and connect my Honor Band 4.

BR Boris
Hi,
I ordered an Honor Band 4 and it arrived today. The language was Chinese. I used my Huawei Health App to pair the two devices. Then it said that the Band needed an update, this took about 15 minutes. After the update my phone could no longer sync with the band and the bluetooth icon on the band was not lit up indicating that the bluetooth was not working.
I turned the bluetooth on my phone off and on again, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it did not solve the problem. I also restarted the Honor Band 4 a few times.
I decided to reset it afterwards and the language went back to Chinese and I'm stuck on the home screen at the moment.
My phone no longer recognises the Honor Band 4 at all so I cannot use it.

Any help would be great.
Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@boki80 For which country/market is your Sony Xperia Z5 manufactured? Where did you purchase it from? And could you also please provide me with the phone's Build Number (it should be in Settings > About phone) ?

@smokeeffe What phone model are you trying to pair the band with? Also, I would recommend resetting the phone's network settings. This will delete your Wi-Fi passwords, but it also fixes any software glitch that may be causing the issue (if the issue is related to the phone).

I look forward to your replies.

Best regards,
Max
Hallo,
I can't pair the honor band 4 with my p8 lite. Has anyone succeeded?
Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
hi @Daniela,

Welcome to the community. I've moved your question to this thread as it focuses on Honor 4 band and pairing questions.
Just got my new Huawei band 4 and while trying to pair my new device in my cell phone (Xiaomi note 3), the MAC id doesn't appear in the list and I'm unable to pair my new band.

Please help!!!!
Huawei Health App doesn't list Honor Band 4 as a smart band which makes the band unusable.