Answered

Honor band 4 - charging problem

My honor band 4 is not charging more than 60-70% in one time. At the start it was on 80% but after that it has never charged more than 70% . Is it normal for Honor band 4 or Have I received a defective item?
icon

Best answer by JackJ 30 May 2019, 10:49

Hey @keshrishalini , welcome to the community!

I can verify that the Honor Band 4 is supposed to charge until 100%. The battery might be miscalibrated.

Please try resetting the band! There are two ways to restore factory settings:

1.l Restore using the Band. (1). Swipe the screen until you see the menu icon and select it. (2). Swipe the screen until you find the restore icon and select it. 3. Select the v icon to complete the factory restore.

1.l Restore using the Huawei Wear app. First, ensure you have a working Bluetooth connection between your Band and phone. Open the Huawei Wear app and touch to enter the Band settings menu. Touch Restore factory settings to restore your Band to factory settings.

If you restore your Band to factory settings, all activity, sleep and time data will be deleted. You will also need to re-pair the Band with your phone.

Please let me know if this helped!

Cheers,
Jack
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hey @keshrishalini , welcome to the community!

I can verify that the Honor Band 4 is supposed to charge until 100%. The battery might be miscalibrated.

Please try resetting the band! There are two ways to restore factory settings:

1.l Restore using the Band. (1). Swipe the screen until you see the menu icon and select it. (2). Swipe the screen until you find the restore icon and select it. 3. Select the v icon to complete the factory restore.

1.l Restore using the Huawei Wear app. First, ensure you have a working Bluetooth connection between your Band and phone. Open the Huawei Wear app and touch to enter the Band settings menu. Touch Restore factory settings to restore your Band to factory settings.

If you restore your Band to factory settings, all activity, sleep and time data will be deleted. You will also need to re-pair the Band with your phone.

Please let me know if this helped!

Cheers,
Jack
@JackJ thank you for your help 😀 I tried the process you suggested and the problem sorted out.
Whenever I try to charge the band, it shows the charging icon on 0% after 2 hours it shows same 0% icon
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @dhruv111,

I moved your post here. Please try the troubleshoot provided by @JackJ, and let us know if it helped. 🙂
But I'm not able to swipe the screen, it shows low charging and whenever I try to restore the band from Huawei health it shows low battery

A week ago my honor band 4 blacked out and stopped working even with 90% charge. It wouldn't turn on or connect to my phone. I tried charging and it turned on for a bit and then the screen showed random lines and it shit off again. Haven't been able to turn it on since no matter how long I charge it for. I really liked my band and am looking for any suggestions you have, thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @BandProblems4,

Welcome on the community! I moved your post here to avoid double threads.

Hi @dhruv111,

Sorry for the lack of replies in this thread. Unfortunately the community do not seem to have an answer for your query.

Did you manage to solve this issue in the meantime? If not, please reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Hi,

Just got my Honor band 4, installation went smooth.
pairing, update firmware, everything...
I got it on 70% charged. so plugged it in and started to charge it.
It went on very slowly but I didn't know the charging time so let it go on... and it went to 80% and then 90%... total it was charged for i think around 4-5 hours... and still showed it is charging but didn't go up to more than 90%.
So i unplugged it.

I even factory reset it but still it showed on 90%.

Any idea? it will be appreciated if someone can help me.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey @Neone,

I moved your post here to avoid double threads. Please try the tips in this thread and let us know if it helped. 🙂
Hi,

Tried it... restored to factory settings - put it again top charge and still stuck on 90%
beside that all looks fine.

I put the band a side for the night, wear it today since the morning, i got call and message notifications...
battery still on 90% as it probably should when it supposed to have at least 10 days of use (i don't measure sleep or heart right now).

So? advise anyone?
Hi, my Honor Band 4 has stopped charging altogether. It was only purchased in Apr.
My other Band is charging normally using the same charger - so I deduce that it is the Band problem? it is totally flat and blank screen now.
Kindly advise. Thanks.