Answered

Honor Band 4 heart rate

• 3 December 2018
  • 25 replies

Hello, sorry for my english.
My honor band 4 in detecting the beat during training, has never detected over 129 bpm. As soon as it measures 129 bpm it suddenly drops to 109 bpm and starts to be inaccurate. I have tested it in different training sessions comparing it with other smartbands and it always behaves the same way. Has anyone encountered the same problem? Thank you
icon

Best answer by renzif 1 February 2019, 12:51

The problem of inaccuracy in the detection of the beat with the "free training" program seems to have been solved by the latest firmware update ver. 1.0.10.30
View original

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi renzif,

May i ask what software version you are running on?
Also what model device it is paired to?

Looking forward to your reply,
Max
I installed the latest honor band 4 firmware and the latest update of the android application. I have an update on the problem detected, that bug shows when "free training" is selected by the smartband, today I tried to select the program "running" during a tennis match and did not do it
Hello, I experienced the same issue. During my abs workout (I've choosen "free trening" on the band) the heart rate was about 120 which is correct, but I finished that trening with some intense cardio, so my heart rate was probably about 150, while the honor band 4 was indicating 100... After the trening, I manually checked heart rate my honor band 4, and a sensor build in Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. My phone showed 130, when the band showed 80... That's strange. I guess I'll have to check this again with the "running trening" as you suggest.
hi, if you look at the heart rate chart, you will see that as soon as it arrives in the aerobic training band, the detected frequency suddenly collapses. I had always used it in "free training" I think it is a software bug of this program.
Yes, I saw that drop. I'll try "running" later this day 🙂 .
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

In this case I would recommend restoring the band to a factory condition. To do this please access the MORE screen, touch Reset, and then touch the confirmation to restore your band to its factory settings.
After that repair the band, and test out the sensor. If it is still having the above issues it will need to be inspected by a technician in one of our service centers.

Hope you find this helpful,
Best wishes,
Max
I reset the factory settings, but the problem has not been solved. I have not yet been able to test with the latest firmware 1.0.10.24. However I do not think it is a hardware problem of the sensor of detecting the heartbeat, if so I think the problem described above should be presented with any training program and not only in "free training"
Hey,

Same issue here. Have you solved it somehow? When you used running instead of free training does it measured right?

Thanks,
ncsiki
Hey,

Same issue here. Have you solved it somehow? When you used running instead of free training does it measured right?

Thanks,
ncsiki

Hello,
today I tested the smartband with the latest firmware installed 1.0.10.24, the problem of inaccuracy in the detection of the beat in the program "free training" persists. If you keep an eye on the detected beats you'll notice that as soon as the smart reaches 129 bpm, the frequency will instantly drop by 20/30 bpm. I did not find the problem with the "running" and "walk" programs.
I would like to send a report to Honor, but I do not know how, can someone help me?
Greetings Fabio

Hey,

Thanks,
ncsiki
Hello,
today I tested the smartband with the latest firmware installed 1.0.10.24, the problem of inaccuracy in the detection of the beat in the program "free training" persists. If you keep an eye on the detected beats you'll notice that as soon as the smart reaches 129 bpm, the frequency will instantly drop by 20/30 bpm. I did not find the problem with the "running" and "walk" programs.
I would like to send a report to Honor, but I do not know how, can someone help me?
Greetings Fabio

Hello,

I tested today with running and it has worked fine. So pretty sure that the problem is with Free training.

Br,
ncsiki.
The problem of inaccuracy in the detection of the beat with the "free training" program seems to have been solved by the latest firmware update ver. 1.0.10.30
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @renzif,

I am glad to hear that the update solved your issue! I hope you are enjoying the band to its full potential now! :)

@ncsiji have you updated your device? If so, are you still facing the issue?

Best wishes,
Max
Hi,

I bought a new Honor Band 4 but it does not seem to record any heart rate data. The Huawei Health app syncs my steps and sleep data, but there is no heart rate data in the records. I can't find any option to enable continuous heart rate monitoring on the band or in the app. So what am I missing?! Note that I've tried updating the firmware and have also cleared the app cache.

Thanks in advance, Rob.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @Robbie, welcome to the community!

We are sorry to hear about that!

Have you tried unpairing and then re-pairing the band with your phone?

Looking forward to your reply!
Max
Max, this worked, thanks for the advice!

Note that it seems a bit crazy that users cannot access the general device settings page (sleep, continuous heart-rate monitoring etc.) without re-pairing the device. But perhaps this is related to the fact that the app has noticed yet another firmware update for my device and this is preventing the settings page from being accessed. I'll try updating the firmware yet again.
Heart rate is laughably wrong when actually exercising. Seems fine until I sweat and then, when I actually need it, it is totally wrong. About 30 beats low.

Also with continuous heartbeat monitor on it does not update to my phone so when on elliptical machine I have to keep swiping the band itself to see the (wrong) heartbeat.

I will try unpairing but pretty worthless like this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello, meestursparkle,
I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles using the band.

As suggested above, unpairing and then pairing again is what you should do to fix the issue.
Also, make sure that you're using the Huawei Health app to pair your phone to the band.
Should it not help with the fault, please let us know.

I hope you have a nice evening!
Best Regards,
Max.
I am going to try pairing and unpairing AGAIN but it did not work this first time. I know my pulse it as high as 150. So far off it is ridiculous.

Won't be able to exercise hard again till tomorrow.
Still have not had a chance to work out but now I just noticed there has been no resting heart rate for 3 days
Man....this thing is really turning out to be total piece of garbage. I unpaired and restored settings and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Now it is worse. Pulse rate was probably 60 beats low at times during exvcercise.

It is downright dangerous.

It cant count steps anymore. What would have been 18k steps when it w working better is now barely over 10k.

Even the pulse it shows on the device will never match the one on my phone. The continuous heart rate feature, i am convinced does NOTHING!!

Did I get a bad one or do they all totally suck?

Oh and the exercise options on the band don't match the one on the app. There is no "Free training" option anywhere? Actually I found the "Free Training" option. If that make it work right for excercise than I can live with it but a device that has no clue what my heart rate is is worthless. I will try one more workout then I start returning or something.

Oh and when I sync the device and then go to the heartrate page it is show 4 minutes in past?!

And in Free Training the HR on the band doesn't mach what the HR page or main page show. and there is definitely not a Free Training option on the app.

What?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi meestursparkle!

We are very sorry to hear that you have this problem with the Honor band 4.

In this case I would recommend restoring the band to a factory condition. To do this please access the MORE screen, touch Reset, and then touch the confirmation to restore your band to its factory settings. Once you have restored your band to its factory settings, all its data will be cleared.

If the problem persists, I will recommend you to contact us on our hotline at 08000886900 and have a better check with our technical support team.

Have a great day!
Max
Hello
My honor band 4 seems to not let me anymore to turn off heart rate monitor. I used to be able to turn off/on this feature. I want to be able to turn off constant monitoring to save battery life

Also please add some face watch options!
Thank you
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Angel - perhaps @Ove can help with this issue, as I am aware there have been some changes to the heart rate monitoring UI recently.
In my case i can't turn on continuous heart rate monitoring. Even when i switch it on in the app, it switches off once i go back to the previous screen. see this video for clarity: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11jocDKt8wuLhk4pdB7fh13jX_IjHlnF2
In my case i can't turn on continuous heart rate monitoring. Even when i switch it on in the app, it switches off once i go back to the previous screen. see this video for clarity: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11jocDKt8wuLhk4pdB7fh13jX_IjHlnF2

Hello,

this is a bug in HUAWEI Health and should be fixed with the next update. You can also download newest version of HUAWEI Health App with HUAWEI App Gallery. See here -> https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/continous-heart-rate-monitor-not-working-in-huawei-health-app-6950