Answered

Honor Band 4 language settings

I just purchased a Honor Band 4 which comes in Chinese. I was able to connect it to the Health app. My phone language was in Romanian, the Health app as well as it has support for it. But the Band does not, so it stayed in Chinese. I switched Android to English, hence the app is in English and now so is the Band. But I would like to have my phone back to Romanian. So... how do I do this? Can the app still be set to be English even if Android is in Romanian or can the Band be English as default instead of Chinese, irrespective of the app?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 4 December 2018, 17:29

Hi all,

The Bands in general have a default language based on the region they are destined for and they have a selection of languages that they support that can be changed by the default language on the phone.
At the present time any language not supported by the device will make it switch to its default based on the region it was destined for.
Perhaps in future developments it will be possible to change language packs but on the current version this is not the case. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback's.

Best wishes,
Max

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Laurici4,

Thank you for the interesting question you have raised. The default language of the band for the UK region is actually English and would revert to that language is the phone is set to another language that the band would not recognize within its options.
If you can PM me the S/N of the device i can check and see for what region it was destined to be sold in.

Looking forward to your reply,
Max
I'm happy to hear that there is a UK version of this! Where can I buy it? Ebay? AliExpress? Amazon? So far I've found ONLY and ONLY Chinese version!!!
Or how to replace firmware to English?
I would also be interested in the replacement of the firmware if possible. For me it's too late, I already bought it from GearBest.
Me too. I'm from Brazil and my phone is PT-BR. If I set portuguese from Portugal or English, the band works fine (but not my phone, noticies and other settings).

Still there, I came back to my Mi Band 3... 😞
Do you think this is a serious answer? This is not an answer! This is nothing! Please reply to a question asked!!!
it seems obvious an updated firmware is needed. Also mine honor band 4 switches back to Chinese when selecting local language and region.
I also contacted local Huawei support and their answer was to return the band to the seller, no other option.
That means: no support from Huawei. Very disappointing.
An correction in firmware should be easy. Obviously not for Huawei.
No Huawei again.
Either the Huawei Health or the band's firmware need the option to override phone's default language setting. How's that there could be any doubts about that?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

The Bands in general have a default language based on the region they are destined for and they have a selection of languages that they support that can be changed by the default language on the phone.
At the present time any language not supported by the device will make it switch to its default based on the region it was destined for.
Perhaps in future developments it will be possible to change language packs but on the current version this is not the case. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback's.

Best wishes,
Max
That is not completely true. I’m able to set the device to German, Portugese, Italian and English. Typical EU.
However, when the phone is switched to e.g. Dutch... the Honor Band 4 switches to Chinese.

it is a shame Huawei is ignoring this mistake they have made. For e.g.Dutch speaking countries/regions the Honor Band 4 should switch to English, not to Chinese.

Easy to establish... but Huawei is refusing up to now.
@Max @Laurici4 thanks for common question.
I am in Turkey. My iPhone language is Turkish. iPhone while in Turkey. With these settings, the language of my wristband is Chinese. (Cause wristband's default language is Chinese)

I did the iPhone language to English. I made the region of the United Kingdom. After 1-2 minutes, my wristband was in English.

I want to use the wristband in English, but I cannot manually select the language.
When I make my phone in the United Kingdom, I'm having problems because the language setting in all applications has changed.

Can anyone find a solution?
Same problem here guys, I am from Brazil and when I set my phone back to Portuguese the honor band 4 turn the language back to Chinese, I hope Huawei fix this problem son
Max wrote:

Hi all,

Best wishes,
Max

Please solve this quickly
Is there any solution??

Same problem here. Phone language is Hungarian (of course I dont want to change it to English), Band 4 language is Chinsese. If I change the language of the phone to English (which I dont want to do, anyway), then the language of the band becomes English too. But this workaround is not a solution at all!
I bought from aliexpress Huawei Honor band 4-68C

(On android 7.0 and Huawei health app, band switch language on English is no problem) when I connect to iphone switch itself to Chinise again and I can use it, on android I have setup language international English.

But I want use it with iPhone iOS 11 I try all english laugages like English Canada, US, UK, (phone by default is in English) and no luck alos when I change keyboard no luck always stays Chinise I reset band like 10 times and no luck. please fix firmware in band to allow change language or add option in Heath app. Thank you.
I have firmware on band 1.0.10.24
S/N: K2BGA18A28008049
On IOS 12.1.2 -Iphone8. It seems to defend on the region set and not the language. Even language is set to English US and region is Philippines, it will show as chinese. If region is set to United States, regardless which language, it will show as english. Please fix in in the Philippines

I got mine in the mail today. It’s not working as it should on an iphone. Returned it. Bye.
esteyn wrote:

I have paired the band 4 with my iPhone 7 and have updated the firmware. My device is still in Chinese though.
Serial Number: S/N: K2BGA18C03006669
Please tell me there is a way to change to English, I don't really want to return it :(
Ester

Change your REGION to United States. That is the only way to set it to English unfortunately. I returned mine and got a Mi Band 3. Simple and elegant. Their app works great on IOS. Weeks of battery life too. Sorry huawei. You can make the screen colorful but lacks functionality and simple usage. Your touch screen is not accurate too.
I have the same problem.
I need to chang language to English.
Could you please help me!!
I have the same problem as you. Phone in Polish, it is obvious that the communicative language for me is English and not Chinese! You released the shit. If you can not change the language in the armband, then how to change the language in the HEALTH application itself, leaving the android language in the native language. ?? Maybe this is some method?
Hi all,

with the Band 4 firmware update via Huawei Health app the default language changed to English from Chinese today morning! 😎
Now my Huawei Honor Band 4-C17 default language changed to English from Chinese last night. 😁
And added new horoscope stars face.
Thanks for update! @Max
kecsap wrote:

Hi all,

with the Band 4 firmware update via Huawei Health app the default language changed to English from Chinese today morning! 😎

>>> HI how to update firmware please what firmware are you using right now?
Hello,

Is there a solution to this problem? I want my phone in Netherlands Until now my watch is still in Chinese.

Thank you.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings