Answered

Honor band 4 showing message notifications multiple times

• 13 June 2019
  • 9 replies

Hello Huawei team,

Bought a Honor band 4 just yesterday. So far I am loving it 🙂 However I have one issue and that is whenever I receive a message or a notification, my band shows the same message 4 or 5 times. I tried to reset my phone and the issue was solved for like an hour and then again, the same message appears on my band as notifications 5 times. Is it possible to somehow solve this issue ?
icon

Best answer by Maheshhesh 22 July 2019, 12:19

Issue was resolved !.. @Amy Thanks for u help to contact the support team directly..

clear the cache and the data for the Health app, you can do this from Settings > Apps > Apps > Health > Storage > Clear cache, clear data.

Restart the device, then log back into the app.

Hopes this will resolve the issue !.... @FirEburNnN @Thinnie
View original

9 replies

Issue was resolved !.. @Amy Thanks for u help to contact the support team directly..

clear the cache and the data for the Health app, you can do this from Settings > Apps > Apps > Health > Storage > Clear cache, clear data.

Restart the device, then log back into the app.

Hopes this will resolve the issue !.... @FirEburNnN @Thinnie
Hi!
I have the same problem. I'm using the band with xiaomi pocophone f1. I have already restated the band and the phone, restored the band to factory settings and the problem still lremains. I get the same message (from whatsapp, Gmail, Instagram) 10 times.
Im using Poco F1 and I'm also facing the same duplicate notification issue.
I recently brought honor band 4 and notification are displayed 3 times(duplicate) for a single message notification. I was connected to Poco F1 mobile. All app notification are displayed 3times. Any one facing the same issue ..? Any resolution please?..

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Maheshhesh - I moved your post here to avoid duplication. Can you first try the recommendation from JackJ to see if this helps.

Hi @FirEburNnN, welcome to the community!

Which phone are you using the band with? Resetting the band might help with this.
There are two ways to restore factory settings:

1.l Restore using the Band. (1). Swipe the screen until you see the menu icon and select it. (2). Swipe the screen until you find the restore icon and select it. 3. Select the v icon to complete the factory restore.

1.l Restore using the Huawei Wear app. First, ensure you have a working Bluetooth connection between your Band and phone. Open the Huawei Wear app and touch to enter the Band settings menu. Touch Restore factory settings to restore your Band to factory settings.

If you restore your Band to factory settings, all activity, sleep and time data will be deleted. You will also need to re-pair the Band with your phone.

Let me know if this solved the problem!
Jack 🌻
Hello,

First of all thank you for your reply 🙂 I am using the band with my Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus. I did indeed restore the band to its faktory settings. That was friday. But I noticed that the issue is still appearing as of today. Whenever I receive a notification from whatsapp, gmail, facebook and so on, it shows multiple times. I even receive a gmail notification 8 times that I receive an email.
Hi @Danjl .. I tried reset. it doesn't works..
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Maheshhesh, sorry to see that a reset didn't do the trick! 😞

@FirEburNnN @Thinnie Did either of you happen to have solve this in the meantime?

If not, I recommend that you contact the support team directly for assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi @FirEburNnN, welcome to the community!

Which phone are you using the band with? Resetting the band might help with this.
There are two ways to restore factory settings:

1.l Restore using the Band. (1). Swipe the screen until you see the menu icon and select it. (2). Swipe the screen until you find the restore icon and select it. 3. Select the v icon to complete the factory restore.

1.l Restore using the Huawei Wear app. First, ensure you have a working Bluetooth connection between your Band and phone. Open the Huawei Wear app and touch to enter the Band settings menu. Touch Restore factory settings to restore your Band to factory settings.

If you restore your Band to factory settings, all activity, sleep and time data will be deleted. You will also need to re-pair the Band with your phone.

Let me know if this solved the problem!
Jack 🌻