Answered

Honor Band 4 - sleep tracking and notifications stopped working

• 19 May 2019
  • 6 replies

About 2 days ago my Honor Band 4 stopped recording sleep tracking data and receiving notifications/phone calls .
It has been doing all of these for several weeks.

The Band 4 is on firmware 1.0.10.42 (updated about 3 weeks ago)
It is paired with my Honor 9 (EMUI 9.0.1), which has also not updated recently.

From what I have seen on these forums it appears that the Huawei Health app (Version 9.0.4.396) is the most likely culprit.

I have tried doing a factory reset on the Band, then re-pairing it, and clearing the cache & data from the app. This has not fixed the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Is there a fix for this?
icon

Best answer by dmacalpine 20 May 2019, 16:05

Hi @dmacalpine,

Welcome on the community! I'm happy to see that it fixed.. but it does sound odd.. did you perform a reset or anything?

As per my original post - I did a factory reset on the band, then cleared the cache and data on the app, but it didn't start working again until the next day.
View original

6 replies

OK, this is strange - as of this morning sleep tracking and notifications (including phone calls) are working again.

Does the band need a night's rest before resets fix things...?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @dmacalpine,

Welcome on the community! I'm happy to see that it fixed.. but it does sound odd.. did you perform a reset or anything?
I got the exact same problem for 3 days now !
The sleeping is tracked correctly on the band 4 but sync stop at 77% ...
I tried everything !

Please Huawei, update your app !!!
Hi @dmacalpine,

As per my original post - I did a factory reset on the band, then cleared the cache and data on the app, but it didn't start working again until the next day.
Mine did the same thing. I did a factory reset and it started working again. However it’s did it again. I only reset it a couple of weeks ago. What’s going on? Shouldn’t have to reset my watch every couple of weeks 😡
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Tangerinetwirly sorry to hear you're still having issues. I've flagged for the support team to look at, you can of course also contact them direct:

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/contact-us/