Answered

Honor Band 4 unlock when swimming

After the last update, my honor band 4 is unlocking very easily when using for swim track. Sometime is stoping track.
icon

Best answer by JackJ 21 May 2019, 13:32

Hey all!

I'm sorry about the inconvenience!

Could you please send your device's Serial and Build number to @CharlieT, with #band3prowatersinsitivity as the description?

This way we could escalate this to our developments team, so the issue could be patched with another update.

Thanks in advance for the cooperation. 💪

Cheers,
Jack
View original

19 replies

The same has happened to me! It appears to be way too sensitive in water.
Yesterday I wasted a lot of time checking to see if the tracking had been cancelled (as it did on Tuesday)
However, As I have only had the watch just over a week I wasnt aware it was a recent problem apparently caused by the recent firmware update.

I also have a Huawei band pro 3 which appears to be fine (atm) just waiting for them to lower the maximum pool length from 20 to 15 metres (as they did with the honor 4 but hopefully without breaking it)
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey all!

Could you please send your device's Serial and Build number to @CharlieT, with #band3prowatersinsitivity as the description?

This way we could escalate this to our developments team, so the issue could be patched with another update.

Cheers,
Jack
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @scottstapp @Trakka
Can you help to confirm does the swimming data still persist when swim mode exit unexpectedly? Thanks!
Hi firstly, cant send details to @ CharlieT because I dont have a twitter account but c@n do it through pm on fb messenger. Build number though is 1.10.42

Also, I can confirm the data is transferred to iphone when the watch turns itself off after somehow managing to arrive at the pause/ end screen. However, not sure how much of the data I can trust. I have now taken to checking watch every couple of lengths to ensure that it is still working properly but this naturally slows me down because I have to keep stopping to check it and in the event it has stopped, stopping to restart it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Trakka,

When you clicl on @CharlieT's name here on the community you can click on 'Send Message'. Hope this helps.
Hi @scottstapp @Trakka
Can you help to confirm does the swimming data still persist when swim mode exit unexpectedly? Thanks!

Yes, the swimming data before stop track persist.
I have sent a message to Charlie T about the issue with the Honor 4 watch sensitivity giving the details requested

Thank you
I’m loving my Band 3 Pro and used it for a swim for the first time today. Aside from not being able to set an 18m pool length (which I understand is being looked at) all was good until I tried to end the swim session. The device is showing a small padlock top left and the option to slide between two padlocks, one locked, one unlocked. But I’ve tried and tried and it never stays on the unlocked icon, it keeps jumping back to the locked item. Can anyone offer a solution? I don’t really want to rest as a) it might not fix it but b) I’d lose the data already stored.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Thatbean, I've moved your post here as others have had similar issues. Perhaps @JackJ can help.
Great, thanks. I seem to have solved it (well, my son did!) - swipe up then down then up then down etc as indicated by the chevrons
Have anyone managed to solve this? My watch still unlocks during swimming and stops counting meters.
I have reset my watch, and followed other instructions. But my watch still unlocks and stops while swimming. I have contacted this CharlieT, but only got a copy/paste answer. Could you please fix this! The watch is now totally unusable for what I bought it for!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Sourati, This post is flagged for support, but you can also contact support direct via: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/ Hope this helps.
After the recent upgrade the screen keep unlocking while I'm swimming, so it does not count laps (especially in freestyle).
https://youtu.be/8kzbIwKrnbY
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Leonardo,

I moved your post here to avoid double threads.
Hi @Leonardo,

I moved your post here to avoid double threads.
Hi Amy.
I started a new threads because my watch is a band 3.
Hey all!

Cheers,
Jack

Hi Jack,
Where I can find the device's serial and build number?
Thanks.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in coming back to you. We escalate your matter to our development team, so we can solve it as soon as possible for you with a system update.

In order to make a request, can you please send me a private message with the serial number and current build number of your device. You can find both of them in Settings >More- About- Serial number. Please do not post either number on this discussion.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new menu that appears, select "Send message".

Looking forward to your reply!

Best,
Charlie T.🤓