Answered

How to make Honor Band 4 Appear in Android Bluetooth Devices?

• 31 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I have just received my Honor Band 4, but I am hugely disappointed that it does not show in the bluetooth device list on my Samsung Galaxy S7. It only seems to pair via the Health app, but this is no good when I want to enable it as a trusted device for Smart Lock.
Does anybody know how to make it appear as a bluetooth device to the Android phone, not just to the Health app?
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Max 14 February 2019, 11:35

Hi @cullencraig, welcome to the Community!

At the moment the only way to pair the Band 4 with a smartphone is through the Health app, since it does not appear in the Bluetooth settings. It uses a different connection which is more secure.

As far as we're concerned there's no work-around method, but we'll pass your feedback and opinion on to our dev team. Hopefully they can find a way for you to set the Band 4 as trusted device.

Should we have any news, we will keep you updated on the situation!

Best wishes,
Max
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @cullencraig, welcome to the Community!

At the moment the only way to pair the Band 4 with a smartphone is through the Health app, since it does not appear in the Bluetooth settings. It uses a different connection which is more secure.

As far as we're concerned there's no work-around method, but we'll pass your feedback and opinion on to our dev team. Hopefully they can find a way for you to set the Band 4 as trusted device.

Should we have any news, we will keep you updated on the situation!

Best wishes,
Max
After the bracelet is reset, the bracelet does not want to pair with the mobile phone. The phone's bracelet sees but the bracelet does not respond .. I only give you a choice of options
Reset
Restart
Power off
Regulatory
About
On my phone in the app, I'll show up after trying to burn
Note
Ignore the honor band 4-3E0 on the phone's Bluetooth screen and repeat pairing
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Angr,

Welcome on the community!

I moved your topic to this thread. Are you trying to pair you Honor Band 4 with your phone? Please read the comment above and let us know if you need further assistance.
Really strange and disappointing. Honor band should be using the default Bluetooth protocol. Just to be Inline with the basic Bluetooth functionally. I too was convinced it would be possible to use smart Lock to unlock my phone like I did with my other brands sportbands. Huge disappointment this doesn't seem to be possible!!