Answered

Huawei Honor band 4 unstable re-connection

• 26 November 2018
  • 41 replies

Show first post

41 replies

Hi,

Samsung J6 here.

With original android version (8 I suppose), it was working fine. Now after upgrading for Android pie it is working really bad 😞.

What changed:
1. Can't shutdow the app, otherwise it disconnects and sometimes unpair.
2. Need to turn on GPS (location) to connect to band. I don't want to turn on location!
3. sometimes need to add band again (pair)!

If this is not solved soon, I'm sorry but band is worthless for me 😞.

Can you do something to solve this?
Got my Honor Band 4 the first day and already thinking about returning it.

Even after deactivating the Android Battery Optimization for all bluetooth related system apps, location related system apps, Health App and Huawai Mobile Services, my Honor Band 4 doesn't reconnect when back in bluetooth range if the screen is off. When the the screen is on (not even unlocking it) it reconnects in a few seconds.

It defeats the purpose for me if i have to wake my phone every time i get back to it in order to read my notifications. I could just read the notifications on my phone. Seems kind of useless to me.

Please, please forward this to the devs in hope that they fix this in a future firmware update. Not for me, as i think i have lost hope in this issue (was a problem with honor watch 3 too) but for others that don't want or can't return their watches.

Thanks
Hi all, My phone is oneplus 6 and
My Huawei band 4 is autometically reconnect by only when location is on. After it is reconnected, we can switch off location again.
BUT It is not autometically reconnect when location is off.
I too am facing the same problem with redmi 6 and honor band 4. This is the most basic requirement. We need help with this.

Firmware 1.0.10.42
SN K2BGA19417001822
Android version 8.1.0

Latest health app.
Also happening here in a MI8. It never reconnects after beign again in bt range until i turn on the phone screen or open the health app. Pls fix it!
Hi,
I have mate 20 lite, i have same problem. 2 days ago i lost connection between honor band 4 and mate 20 lite.
I tried different ways but i couldn't handle it.

Could you please help me.

Honor Band 4,
SN: K2BGA19314010533
Firmware version: 1.11.0.12(C01)

Huawei Mate 20 Lite,
Android: 9
Emui: 9.0.1.164
Hello,
I recently bought a Honor band 4. The product itself looks and works fine but few things really disappoint me.

• When I go out of the phone Bluetooth range it never reconnect again when back in, how can I fix this? Right now I need to open the app and wait minutes looking at the connecting text
  • Why is not possible to set the display to switch on automatically when a message arrives?
  • When I open a message there is no way t go back to the others, I always need to quit and open messages again (which opens quite slowly
  • It looks like the band is not synced with the phone book, when i receive a call from a contact of mine the device shows the number but not the name, can I fix this?
Thanks

I have the solution. Me was facing the same problem after pie update.
Istly go to phone settings-- then apps -- then huwaei health app -- then permissions -- disable location. See the screenshot attched.
Then open huweai health application from menu and it will ask to accept location permission. Dont accept it. Simply press deny.
Now your problem resolves automatically. No disconnection. Even blutooth turned off and then on it will auto connect to the band.
Hope it I solved it for everyone.

Hello!

When I go out of the phone bluetooth range, my honor band 4 disconnects. If I want to reconnect it, I have to restart my phone (Asus zenfone 5). *It's not working if I press reconnect button in the app.
What should I do?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@mariiiina , to avoid duplication, I've moved your post there. This post is flagged for support to look at.

Hello,
I recently bought a Honor band 4. The product itself looks and works fine but few things really disappoint me.

• When I go out of the phone Bluetooth range it never reconnect again when back in, how can I fix this? Right now I need to open the app and wait minutes looking at the connecting text
  • Why is not possible to set the display to switch on automatically when a message arrives?
  • When I open a message there is no way t go back to the others, I always need to quit and open messages again (which opens quite slowly
  • It looks like the band is not synced with the phone book, when i receive a call from a contact of mine the device shows the number but not the name, can I fix this?
Thanks
Istly go to phone settings-- then apps -- then huwaei health app -- then permissions -- disable location. See the screenshot attched.
Then open huweai health application from menu and it will ask to accept location permission. Dont accept it. Simply press deny.
Now your problem resolves automatically. No disconnection. Even blutooth turned off and then on it will auto connect to the band.

Hello, it didnt work with OnePlus6. When disconnects, it didnt reconnect by itself, still have to turn on the location, go to the health app and then, connect. Btw, thanks.
Hello everybody,
I tried the method described in the pictures above, but I could not connect. Yesterday the EMUI version of my phone was updated. It is now reconnected and the problem is solved.
Hopefully the next update will not cause such a problem.
Thanks for reply!

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 Llite
Emui: 9.0.1.173
Honor band 4 firmware version: 1.11.0.12(C01)

Hello,

Thanks

Still not working. I have to restart my phone to reconnect. In my case, it has nothing to do with the location
Hi, i am facing the same issue with my honor band 4 and oneplus 5t. The bluetooth doesnt reconnects when i come closer to device. Please fix this or let me know if there is any settings needs to be changed in huawei health app. I cant always open the app to reconnect the device.

Regards
Vincent
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of replies from our support team. Still need help? Please contact them directly: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Hi Amy,

I have fixed it myself.

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi all,

We appreciate the customer's input and are very thankful that you took the time to write these suggestions regarding the Honor Band 4.

Your requests have been passed on to the development team and we can assure you that they will be taken into account for future updates & development.

Thank you for your feedback.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance. Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT