Answered

Huawei Watch 2 Heart rate moniter and step counter not working

Hi. I have an issue with my Huawei Watch 2.

The heart rate moniter and the step counter is randomly stopping working. The best it's been is working for 24 hours in a row but it usually stops after 4-6 hours. Only a reboot will start it working again where it'll work for a while before randomly stopping at some point.

I have tried factory resetting the device but the issue persists. The watch is on the latest software and wear os and is stock. I have tried disabling Google Fit/Runtastic but this has had no impact.

The fact that the step counter and heart rate moniter work perfectly up until they switch off makes me think it must be a software issue rather than hardware.

Has anyone got any advice on sorting this out cos apart from this issue I love the watch so I am tearing my hair out trying to fix this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by MrDiddyDonut 11 May 2019, 21:22

Hello again!
So I haven't got a reply from Huawei support yet, but will wait to see if they do reply.
I did try changing the settings you mentioned for a day and reverted as I saw no difference in accuracy.
However, I have been using it for more than a week after factory-resetting it now and it seems to have gotten more accurate as the week went on, with less wrong readings etc. Maybe it has to learn about you or something before it can be accurate - I remember it saying that it has to learn from your movements etc for strength training, so maybe its similar for heart rate - learning how hard you heart beats or something?
I am glad that it is working now though, I just wish support would have responded within a week, but oh well!
View original

10 replies

Hi,
Got the same issue and am waiting for a response from support.
I've tried everything you have too, but even tried tightening the band too tight and twisting the watch round so that the watch is reading the inderside of my wrist, all without success.
However, seeing that it's happened to multiple of us I guess it might be software.
I will let you know how they respond!
Thanks for the reply, I'd really appreciate that. It's very frustrating, I'm 99% sure it must be a software bug.

As a matter of fact I've actually gone 30ish hours without it failing at the moment, longest it's been so far. I tried a couple of things I read online but I imagine it's just coincidence and it'll stop working soon.

In the very remote chance it actually did fix it - i switched off 'automatic date and time' and in developer settings I enabled 'mobile battery saver'. As I said it probably won't do any good but desperate times, desperate measures so it may be worth a go.
Hello again!
So I haven't got a reply from Huawei support yet, but will wait to see if they do reply.
I did try changing the settings you mentioned for a day and reverted as I saw no difference in accuracy.
However, I have been using it for more than a week after factory-resetting it now and it seems to have gotten more accurate as the week went on, with less wrong readings etc. Maybe it has to learn about you or something before it can be accurate - I remember it saying that it has to learn from your movements etc for strength training, so maybe its similar for heart rate - learning how hard you heart beats or something?
I am glad that it is working now though, I just wish support would have responded within a week, but oh well!
Dear all,
I have exactly the same problem.

#heartratemonitor

I am reporting that My Huawei Watch 2 heart Rate is not working anymore! all other sensors are working fine.

I did a factory reset connected the watch to two different Huawei devices, and paired it with Huawei Health and Wear OS, with no resolution. I have updated the watch to latest software, but with no resolution.
I cleaned the back side of the watch a lot.

Everything was working fine a month ago, then I noticed that the heart rate record is not coming often, and the monthly record is showing that the measure of the heart rate happens only one every day at 12:00 am, in the last week!!
I am afraid that this might be an issue in the latest software!!

My Software Build number is: OWDD.180926.001.A1

Please let me know if you want more information.
Hello Huawei Support team,
any update on the above cases? There is a serious Bug in the Huawei watch, and the heart rate is not working with many peoples. We would like to have a downgraded software, or a solution in the new loaded softwares.

This is an important matter, and we hope that you are working on it seriously. The watch is useless without Heart Rate.

I have PM Huawei team, but am not getting proper responses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Mamoon,

since you haven't got a reply yet I'd suggest you to reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/.
I'm having the same issue. Heart rate is not working and all the sensor not working. Out of garante
My Software Build number is: OWDD.180926.001.A1
Please, help
The issue is becoming more on many devices, and that is for sure a software bug.

The local support team are not welcoming any checks on the out or warranty watches.

This is disappointing and for sure we will not repeat the same experience againbif huwaei are not putting effort on resolving a common issue, and not even giving attention to listen to the customers.

Very bad customer service from Huawei.
and just 1 mont after garantee
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@dferia @Mamoon - Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've flagged this for the support team to look at, if you wish, you can contact them direct:

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/