Question

Intermittent Heart Rate On Watch 2

• 2 January 2019
  • 11 replies

Hi all,

Recently purchased the watch 2 and few days after buying it the heart rate monitor has become very intermittent about working.

The Heart Rate app will constanty say 'tighten band and keep still and upright'...the band is as tight as possible and I'm not moving.

Occasionally it will work while working out but not always.

Not sure if recent updates in wear os has effected anything?

Ive rebooted it a couple times but no joy.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Marijke,

Sorry, I should have share this with you right away. 🙂 You can find a how to in this thread.

Please keep us updated!
Hi
This only says how to reset a phone? I already looked it up online, but it always says to go to setting mode, but the band doesn't have a setting mode? I feel so stupid...
I am having the same problem. Only had the watch for 2 days and i have no heart rate monitoring for about 6 hours today.

Also some steps are not tracking. Unless I am walking outside they dont track. Any steps inside dont track for some reason.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @krr13,

Welcome on the community! Have you tried resetting the watch as Max mentioned in this thread? 🙂
No I haven't because I've only just got the watch and shouldn't have to reset after 2 days
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Krr13,

I know it's not ideal but a reset might fix the issues you have with the Watch GT. Please go to settings and reset it.

If you did and it is still not working, please PM the serial number of your watch to Max, he will be able to look into this. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @Marijke.keupers, welcome back!

Seems like you have a different device, is it the Band 2 Pro by any chance?

If it is you can reset it in one of the following ways:

• If you are using the Huawei Wear app to connect your band to your phone, restore your band to factory settings through the Huawei Wear app: Wear your band on your wrist. If your band is successfully paired with your phone, open the Huawei Wear app and touch Restore factory settings.
  • If you are using the Huawei Health app to connect your band to your phone, restore your band to factory settings through the Huawei Health app: Wear your band on your wrist. If your band is successfully paired with your phone, open the Huawei Health app. Touch the device name and enter the device settings screen, and then touch Restore factory settings.
  • Restoring to factory settings directly from your band: When the home screen is on, keep your band still and knock on the screen twice, pause for 1 second and knock twice again, then touch the touch-sensitive button to switch to the fifth screen to restore your band to factory settings.
I hope this will help you sort it out. Please let us know either way!

Cheers,
Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Marc.williams1985 ,

I am really sorry to hear this. Have you tried resetting the watch as well? You can do that from the Settings of the watch.

If you did and it is still not working, please PM me the serial number of your watch and this will be investigated further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi

I have the same problem: it keeps saying: "tighten the band and try again"
I tried everything: strapping it really hard, resetting factory settings, placing it at the inside of my wrist, strapping it less tight, putting it a bit higher, a bit lower, ...

I only just got it a few houres ago, it never worked, I'm quite dissapointed...
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Marijke, Welcome on the community! :)

Sorry to see that you are having the same issue! Did you try a reset? If this doesn't help please share your serial number with Max in a private message.
And how do you reset?