Answered

issue with caller name and call rejection from Honor Band 4 in oneplus 6

• 18 March 2019
  • 15 replies

I owned honor band 4 not sure but may be 6 -8 months ago, initially i got it with an update 10.0.10.10 which had all good features and felt like no bugs on that version. later on i got 10.0.10.20,30 & 40 but they have some major functionality bugs.
* I have an issue with call rejection when i am receiving a call, which the call rejection feature is not working when i am rejecting from band
* The band is not showing the contact name when someone calls me, which is just alerting with vibration and showing just "incoming call" as text on the screen but not showing up the caller information
icon

Best answer by DirkE 18 June 2019, 07:09

For honor band 4: go to settings on your phone > apps & notifications >select health app>> permissions>> enable call log..... This works for me...
View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @sharathsibbala, welcome to the community!

As a first troubleshooting step, I would kindly recommend you to unpair and re-pair the Honor Band 4 with the phone again.
Afterwards, you can uninstall the Huawei Health app on your phone and download the latest version from AppGallery or Google Play Store.

Try pairing with the band from Huawei Health. When prompted to grant the SMS, contacts, and call records permissions, touch Cancel to proceed. When the pairing succeeds, calls can be properly rejected on the Honor Band.

I hope my answer proves to be helpful,
Max.
these steps didn't help. the caller's name is still not displayed and the phone rejects the call. galaxy s8, android 9, honor band 4. android 8 all worked!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @Maniac , greetings!

Would you mind PM-ing me your devices Serial Number and the version of the Health app you're using it with?

This would help us out significantly, since this way we could reproduce the malfunctions you described. This would make finding a solution a lot easier.

Thanks in advance!
Max
@Max same issue with me too. After researching I found that device running Android pie have issue of call reject & no detail issue in Honor band 4. I tried with all Android version n faces issue in only pie running Android devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @akshaybhanushali86,

Welcome, I'm sorry to see that you are having the same issues. Please PM your serial number and the version of the Health App to @Max. 🙂
i had a problem too.
* I have an issue with call rejection when i am receiving a call, which the call rejection feature is not working when i am rejecting from band
* The band is not showing the contact name when someone calls me, which is just alerting with vibration and showing just "incoming call" as text on the screen but not showing up the caller information
I bought just 2 days ago.which means 20th may 2019
where I get a serial number
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
where I get a serial number

@GOPINATH_M , This shows how to get the serial number from various Huawei devices.
Hi
I have the same problem. My honor 4 band doesn't show the identity of the calling just showing "incoming call"

It's Serial Number xxxx
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Zaza

Please PM you serial number to @Max. Simply click on his name and click on 'send message' on his profile. 🙂
Hi @Zaza

Please PM you serial number to @Max. Simply click on his name and click on 'send message' on his profile. :)

Done
For honor band 4: go to settings on your phone > apps & notifications >select health app>> permissions>> enable call log..... This works for me...

Thanks a lot. problem solved 😀
Good solution also works with my galaxy j6
Hello
I am using SAMSUNG Note 8 with Android 9 Version (N950FXXS6DSF2)
and my HUAWEI band 2 is not showing the caller ID
it only shows ( Incoming call)

i tried my brother android and it works fine

i guess there should be an upgrade for the software to overcome this bug

kindly advise ..