Answered

Warranty Honor band 4?

• 30 May 2019
  • 3 replies

• Fearless Explorer
  • 3 replies
My 1 day old band 4 has water on the inside of the device after swimming 1 time. (mid March)
I let the device dry, but the battery cannot hold its charge.
I drove all the way to the service center in but they can't give me warranty there. Warranty is only valid on the Asian continent.
Sending the device back costs more then the device itself ...

What can I do to claim my warranty?

Video:

Picture water

icon

Best answer by DRSC Media 30 May 2019, 09:00

As you were told, the warranty is regional, by zones. You have European block, Asian one, etc. If you bought the device outside of the region you live in, there's no warranty on it, unless you send it back to the correct region (Asia in this case).

On top of this, water damage is not covered by the warranty anyway.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Samsung's warranty is also regional. To my knowledge, only Apple does an international warranty of 12 months, but then again, I've never used/double-checked for Apple, so they might not even have an international warranty.
huawei is distributed worldwide, just like samsung, iphone, ...
Then why is the guarantee so difficult?

PS: (device was 1day old)
The device should be water resistant. If not, they should take out the swim function ...

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
As you were told, the warranty is regional, by zones. You have European block, Asian one, etc. If you bought the device outside of the region you live in, there's no warranty on it, unless you send it back to the correct region (Asia in this case).

On top of this, water damage is not covered by the warranty anyway.