Answered

Android Auto stops communication err 12

• 31 May 2019
  • 2 replies

Previously posted by closed by Amy linking to FAQ which do not resolve this problem. Desperate for help undoing this software update or fixing compatibility with Android Auto.

Thanks.

Developer usb debug enabled, android Auto Reinstall, phone restarted etc etc.

Recently upgraded to 9.0.0.168 and I'm stuck with a phone that doesn't work on Android Auto.

I bought the P20 pro specifically as it did work and had worked perfectly on the original software level but no more.

Car hasn't changed , literally just the standard update to version 9.

Symptom is, you plug the phone in start Android Auto and all looks ok. Google maps or Waze pop up and then within a few minutes it crashes and it's gone.

I'm desperate to get this feature back hence is there any way to reverse the upgrade or a fix to correct this.

Looking at other threads this seems to be a common issue across various Huawei phones so I'm hopeful of some assistance from Huawei.

Tried contacting Huawei via Twitter but there's no direct messaging ☹

Regards

Nigel
icon

Best answer by JackJ 5 June 2019, 11:01

Hi @NGWarnes, welcome!

I'm sorry about the inconvenience!

Could you please send your device's Serial and Build number to me, with #androidauto as the description?

This way we could escalate this to our developments team, so the issue could be patched with another update.

I'll be looking forward to your message!

Cheers,
Jack
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi @NGWarnes, welcome!

I'm sorry about the inconvenience!

Could you please send your device's Serial and Build number to me, with #androidauto as the description?

This way we could escalate this to our developments team, so the issue could be patched with another update.

I'll be looking forward to your message!

Cheers,
Jack
Thank you. Message sent