Answered

Buttons not working on P20 Lite

Hello,I updated my p20 lite today and for some reason my volume down button and power button doesn't work.apart from that my phone's is alright,any suggestions why this is happening?
icon

Best answer by Max 27 November 2018, 19:51

Hi Lauren,

Sorry to hear of the issue that you are experiencing and thank you Gordo26 for your assistance in this matter.
If you can still interact with the phone there is the option for a factory reset within the settings of the device - Settings> Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset - please bare in mind that this will wipe the internal memory of the device so if possible backup any important data to a external source like a PC or a Mac.
Please let me know if this helps and how the device is behaving after the reset if it is possible. If the issue is still persisting the best option would be to send it to our technicians for a more hands-on approach within the service center.
For the UK region you can contact us directly via mail chat or hotline ( free of charge of course at 08000886700 ) at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
HI Lauren,

Have you tried a soft reset one the phone after doing the update?
Soft Reset HUAWEI P20 Lite
  • Hold down the Power button for a short while.
  • Now choose Power Off and tap OK from the menu.
  • In the next step wait for about 5 seconds.
  • Then you can switch on the phone by using the Power key.
  • Great!
I have tired doing that my power button doesn't work so I can't switch my phone off or unlock my phone ,also tried holding power button and volume together. My button stopped working after it went on safe mode and when I updated it l.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Lauren,

Sorry to hear of the issue that you are experiencing and thank you Gordo26 for your assistance in this matter.
If you can still interact with the phone there is the option for a factory reset within the settings of the device - Settings> Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset - please bare in mind that this will wipe the internal memory of the device so if possible backup any important data to a external source like a PC or a Mac.
Please let me know if this helps and how the device is behaving after the reset if it is possible. If the issue is still persisting the best option would be to send it to our technicians for a more hands-on approach within the service center.
For the UK region you can contact us directly via mail chat or hotline ( free of charge of course at 08000886700 ) at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings