Answered

Buttons not working on P20 Lite

• 24 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Hello,I updated my p20 lite today and for some reason my volume down button and power button doesn't work.apart from that my phone's is alright,any suggestions why this is happening?
icon

Best answer by Max 27 November 2018, 19:51

Hi Lauren,

Sorry to hear of the issue that you are experiencing and thank you Gordo26 for your assistance in this matter.
If you can still interact with the phone there is the option for a factory reset within the settings of the device - Settings> Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset - please bare in mind that this will wipe the internal memory of the device so if possible backup any important data to a external source like a PC or a Mac.
Please let me know if this helps and how the device is behaving after the reset if it is possible. If the issue is still persisting the best option would be to send it to our technicians for a more hands-on approach within the service center.
For the UK region you can contact us directly via mail chat or hotline ( free of charge of course at 08000886700 ) at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
HI Lauren,

Have you tried a soft reset one the phone after doing the update?
Soft Reset HUAWEI P20 Lite
  • Hold down the Power button for a short while.
  • Now choose Power Off and tap OK from the menu.
  • In the next step wait for about 5 seconds.
  • Then you can switch on the phone by using the Power key.
  • Great!
I have tired doing that my power button doesn't work so I can't switch my phone off or unlock my phone ,also tried holding power button and volume together. My button stopped working after it went on safe mode and when I updated it l.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Lauren,

Sorry to hear of the issue that you are experiencing and thank you Gordo26 for your assistance in this matter.
If you can still interact with the phone there is the option for a factory reset within the settings of the device - Settings> Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset - please bare in mind that this will wipe the internal memory of the device so if possible backup any important data to a external source like a PC or a Mac.
Please let me know if this helps and how the device is behaving after the reset if it is possible. If the issue is still persisting the best option would be to send it to our technicians for a more hands-on approach within the service center.
For the UK region you can contact us directly via mail chat or hotline ( free of charge of course at 08000886700 ) at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
I have same issue. I update yo last Android version 2 weeks ago.

Since then power button is not working at all.
Shutting down the phone is only when battery is finished. Turnning it ot on is only by connecting a cable.
Reset and factory reset DID NOT resolve the issue.
It looks like a firmware mulfunction.
The device is P20 lite

I hope you habe a solution for that cos it very disturbing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Shimon,

Welcome on the Huawei Community! Since the factory reset did not resolve your issue, the best option would be to send it to the technicians at the service centre:

Hope this helps!
How can I start p20 lite, when volume up and power button doesnt work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Chubby30,

We are sorry to hear that you've came to this agreement.

Regardless, if you wish, we can have the device inspected at our authorized SBE service center.
To facilitate this, within the UK region we offer, at the present time, a postal repair service. A booking for this service can be made via mail, chat or call at https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/.
For the booking the agent will need a bit of your personal information such as: Full Name, Address, Post Code, Serial Number of the device.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Max