Question

Camera app keep crashing P20 Pro

• 25 January 2019
  • 7 replies

• Fearless Explorer
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I've been a huge Huawei fan since Huawei Mate 8. Would you please tell me why do I have this problem. Just to let you know, I already met this problem with my Honor 9. I sold the phone because of that. Now that I got the P20 Pro, the problem is remaining. To resolve it, I asked to the store to exchange it. Even with a new one, I still have this problem. It doesn't even disappear when changing phones. The video shows an unsolved bug. If there is no other solution, I will have to switch to Samsung or Apple.

Best regards,

EU

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Sene,

Thank you for providing us with a video regarding the situation, it has helped us get a better idea.

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Please clear the cache and data of your camera app, this will not delete your data no worries. To do so, please go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart Device.
2.Kindly perform a wipe cache partition of the device from the recovery menu.

Additionally, could you kindly perform a factory reset of your device? You can find the steps on how to do this here .

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Hi @Max ,

Even after doing what you said, the phone still bugs. How do I do?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @Sene
Do you use nova launcher? This may cause an exception in your camera.
Hi @Sene
Do you use nova launcher? This may cause an exception in your camera.

@bobo I'm not using nova launcher. It finally works after the second factory reset.

Hopefully I will not get another surprise
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Sene,

Happy to hear it worked after the second factory reset! Truly an odd bug if I may say so.

If this does happen to reoccur in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our UK region so you can arrange a service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi @Max

The problem reappeared. I'm really fed up of giving my phone back to the store. What the duck is the problem with this phone? It's supposed to be the best phone of 2018
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Sene, welcome back!

We are so sorry to hear about this! We would suggest contacting our hotline (08000886700) or visiting this page for a warranty service booking. This might be the best option, but please keep us updated.

Best wishes,
Max