Question

Can't setup my new Huawei P20 Lite

• 3 November 2018
  • 5 replies

I installed my sim card and switched it on, agreed to some installed apps and then it asked me to set up wi-fi. I don't have access to wi-fi at home so was expecting it to access the mobile network which is the Virgin mobile network, then it started checking for updates and that's where it's been for the past couple of hours and nothing is happening.
Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem as I don't have a clue on what to do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Astraea,

Welcome on the community. Did you manage to setup the P20 Lite over the weekend? If not, please let us know!

I know that @Amro_Tarrisi, @muataz mohamed and @chillphone are using a P20 Lite, maybe they could help out. 🙂
Userlevel 1
When I set my phone I was connected to the Wi-Fi so I do not experienced this. Sorry Astraea 😞
Thank you Amy, but I'm sorry to say I haven't been able to get connected.
The thing is I'm disabled and find it difficult to get out of the house and I desperately need a phone for connecting with hospitals, doctors, and at this point I'm out of touch with everyone since my old xperia died on me.
So as you can see I really need to be able to setup the p20 on the mobile network as I don't have access to wi-fi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
If you have a friend they could possibly set their mobile as a wifi device that you could connect too.

I would contact the retailer is if you explain your situation the shop should happily set it up for you.

If you have a land line with BT you maybe able to connect to their work network, failing that library, coffee shops will have free wifi.

You sure as well you can't click skip in setup?

In playstore

settings you can say your willing to use mobile data.

@Amy
I'll see if I can get my brother to take me to town then I could use the city's wi-fi network, which is free, and hopefully I'll come back and tell you all I've got everything sorted. I Hope!
Thanks to all of you for your advice, this appears to be a very friendly forum and you are all so plesant, thank you.