Answered

Can you disable Slide to unlock from a P20 Pro?

• 8 July 2019
  • 3 replies

I've had the P20 Pro since May 2018 and only just realised that when you press the power button on the side you can open the phone by Slide to to unlock without using any security (pattern, finger print etc.). I have finger print set up but worried that if I lose my phone or its stolen then anyone can access it. As a test my partner was able to access my phone via slide to unlock. 😳

Is there a way the slide to unlock can be disabled? Another user has said they have denied some permission to get round the issue but didn't explain how.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Rence1972 9 July 2019, 22:02

I have finally cracked it!!!!! 😁

I discovered that my Huawei Watch 2 was added to trusted places (under Smart Lock). Once removed from trusted places my phone seems secure. 😁

The slide to unlock was bugging me for days!

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Rence1972.

Try these steps:

You need to turn on the Developer Options and then you have the option to turn off the slide screen.
This works:
•Open the Settings app.
•Tap About phone.
•Tap on the Build Number for 5 or so times. This turns on the Developer Options and a notification will come up to say it has been turned on.
•You should now see the Developer Options in the Settings menu.
•Tap Developer options, and turn off the Screen lock switch.

Hope this helps!
Hello Max,

I have tried the Developer Option but this just removes the fingerprint ID and allows anyone to open the phone via the power button.

I want to disable the slide to open option (press the power button and swipe up on screen allows anyone to access the phone even when fingerprint ID is set up).

Thanks

Terry
I have finally cracked it!!!!! 😁

I discovered that my Huawei Watch 2 was added to trusted places (under Smart Lock). Once removed from trusted places my phone seems secure. 😁

The slide to unlock was bugging me for days!