Answered

Device is not certified

Userlevel 1
My Huawei P20 Pro (CLT-L09C782) shows the following status in the app store:

Play Protection certification:
Device is not certified

After looking through the list of authorised certified partners which can be found by clicking on the link below that Huawei are not listed?

https://www.android.com/intl/en_uk/certified/partners/

Oddly enough everything works and I can install apps etc without issue. Is this because of the US/China/Google fall out or is something amiss?
icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 2 August 2019, 22:54

I fixed things...

My phone was running 9.1.0.320(C782E3R1P9) so I downgraded to 9.1.0.317(C782E3R1P9) but still got the same result, I then downgraded to 9.1.0.316(C782E3R1P9) and again same result, Finally I downgraded to 9.1.0.311(C782E3R1P9) and now my device passes all safetynet checks and is listed as certified.

Obviously Huawei have only submitted 9.1.0.311(C782E3R1P9) to Google and that's the only revision certified for use with Google.

So if others experience issues like this then the chances are you're using a software revision that was not submitted for approval to Google by Huawei.

We live and learn I guess!
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Has this been since an update or all the time?
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
'nothing has changed' so what you are experiencing is either something has written code to your device maliciously or your profile is corrupt.

Find Google play services and clear the cache.
If possible stop services and uninstall.
Turn off and then reinstall..
Userlevel 1
My device has never been rooted, bootloader never unlocked and this has only happened after updating to 9.1 from 9.0.

I have no issues installing or using apps via the app store, I can even use Gpay.

And yes, I have cleared the cache and factory reset the phone via recovery.
Userlevel 1
I should add that I don't install any random apps on my phone, I only have Facebook, Twitter, whatsapp and a couple of other well known social media apps along with my banking apps which all work just fine. So definitely not had any malicious code inserted anywhere.

I have even re-flashed the phone via HiSuite and it still says the same thing.
Userlevel 1
'nothing has changed' so what you are experiencing is either something has written code to your device maliciously or your profile is corrupt.

Find Google play services and clear the cache.
If possible stop services and uninstall.
Turn off and then reinstall..

Just to clarify too that I did as you suggested and it made no difference. For the record, you cannot uninstall Google play services as it's a system app built in to the firmware. All you can do is disable (removes updates) and clear cache. Not worried about it as everything works anyway but just putting it out there.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Right...
My last suggestion.
Create a new user, login and see if the problem is replicated.
If not then I'd recommend using the new profile and deleting the original user as it does indicate something is wrong.
Userlevel 1
Created a whole new Google ID...

Removed old Google account via settings and shutdown phone...

Hold Volume up and the power button and enter recovery...

Clear cache and factory reset...

Setup phone as a new phone using new google credentials...

Open Google Play > Settings and scroll down:

Play Protect certification:
Device is not certified
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
You have done everything I can think of.
Probably your best bet now is to contact Huawei directly to check your device.
I know everything is working but it is better to be safe than sorry.
Userlevel 1
I fixed things...

My phone was running 9.1.0.320(C782E3R1P9) so I downgraded to 9.1.0.317(C782E3R1P9) but still got the same result, I then downgraded to 9.1.0.316(C782E3R1P9) and again same result, Finally I downgraded to 9.1.0.311(C782E3R1P9) and now my device passes all safetynet checks and is listed as certified.

Obviously Huawei have only submitted 9.1.0.311(C782E3R1P9) to Google and that's the only revision certified for use with Google.

So if others experience issues like this then the chances are you're using a software revision that was not submitted for approval to Google by Huawei.

We live and learn I guess!
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
@Amy one for support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Amy one for support.

Thanks. I will share it with them.