Answered

Do not disturb stopped working after software update to 9.1

• 21 August 2019
  • 7 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
I use Do not disturb function to mute all calls and notifications except from contacts I put on trustlist. It had been working perfectly until the software update to EMUI 9.1 last night.

Now, when I turn on Do not disturb it silences calls&texts but doesn't work with Viber, WhatsApp and other notifications - they all have sound.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? How could I fix it?
icon

Best answer by BarneyT 28 August 2019, 13:43

Hello all!

You should try the suggestion @Kutykuruty gave you, this might solve the issue quickly!

If it does not work, send me a private massage with the #dnd tag, and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
View original

7 replies

Hi, yes I have similar problem. Some things are muted indeed some not. I cannot hear incoming calls but I can hear the text message for the unanswered call notification which could be a nice feature sometimes but as of now it is quite annoying. However they already add the 3d party notification icon support for the AOD which took like forever for them but it was a very pleasent surprise for me as I already thought it would never come.
Btw I was just about to clear cashe partition maybe it solves the problem. And also I was wondering why is it still not part of the system by default to do that. So lame.
I'm not too sure what 'cashe partition' is, but would you let me know if it works for you?
Google is our friend...

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/huawei/huawei-p20-pro/wipe-cache/
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello all!

You should try the suggestion @Kutykuruty gave you, this might solve the issue quickly!

If it does not work, send me a private massage with the #dnd tag, and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Hi all, fyi cache partition clean does NOT help. Same.
I need to mute the ring volume as well to have fully (not sure some other app or event won't create sound but for sms and calls) muted phone.
I have the same problem in my P10. Got the notification sound from Gmail when DND mode is on. Very annoying!
I ended up using only the mute ringtone settings and it seems it does what I needed mute everything except for alarm. In the IT world you have to be flexibile enough...