Question

Equalizer on the P20 Pro?

• 18 January 2019
  • 10 replies

Hi,

How/where do I find the equalizer on the P20 Pro? Looked in sound and searched but can't find it.

Thanks

Enrico

10 replies

Userlevel 2
some versions of the cyanogenmod EQ App work with bluetooth I believe it is called AudioFX
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Entrigo,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your inquiry, you can find the equalizer for the P20 Pro in the Dolbi Atmos which can be found in Settings > Sound.
Please be informed that the Huawei Dolbi Atmos feature is only available when connected with a pair of wired headphones.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Hi Max,

Thanks for the reply. It is however pretty disappointing to hear the EQ only works with wired headphones. I, as I guess a lot of people, use mainly Bluetooth speakers and headphones.

Any plans to update this to make it available for Bluetooth as well?

Enrico
Thanks Ozomax, tried few EQ apps, just hoped I could just use the internal one.
Userlevel 2
Thanks Ozomax, tried few EQ apps, just hoped I could just use the internal one.

The app isn't intrusive and is actually pretty simple to use no ads either if you haven't tried it already it may be worth a try I use it with my free buds and it makes a world of difference 🙂
Mm downloaded it but it seems to have ads. But it is quite simple, so will definitely give it a go.
Userlevel 2
I could possibly of made it clearer I'd recommend installing the APK from XDA developers I will find the link to the thread. There are many apps on the play store trying to act like the official version
Userlevel 2
Mm downloaded it but it seems to have ads. But it is quite simple, so will definitely give it a go.

here is the link :)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/themes/equalizer-bluetooh-headphones-t3575575

even though it says one plus 3 it works on my p20 pro
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Entrigo,

Thank you for your suggestion!

We always forward our customers suggestions and feedback's to the development department to be acknowledged.
We have done the same with your request!

In the meanwhile, I hope that @Ozomax1997 alternative will prove useful for the time being.😀

Cheers,
Max
Userlevel 2
Hi @Entrigo,

Thank you for your suggestion!

We always forward our customers suggestions and feedback's to the development department to be acknowledged.
We have done the same with your request!

In the meanwhile, I hope that @Ozomax1997 alternative will prove useful for the time being.😀

Cheers,
Max

It would be great to see a bluetooth EQ in future updates