Answered

Google Pay issue on P20 with 9.1.0.311?

Show first post

112 replies

Experiencing the same issue here on Vodafone and could really do with it solved! Any news / update?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Michael_Evans the issue is raised with support, who have escalated to the development team. I will see if they can give an update.
Userlevel 2
Hi @Danjl, any news?
Userlevel 2
@BarneyT @Danjl it has been quiet, any news? Can we get some feedback? It is anyone working to fix this out? Google pay is a must for me and I don't think that its only for me.
Userlevel 2
I doubt Huawei are actually doing anything about this. They'll make us put up with this until the roll out of Android Q and EMUI 10. Time will tell
Userlevel 1
I have the same problem, waiting for @BarneyT reply.
Userlevel 1
Hey Huawei support team and dev team, are you kidding us? About 25 days with critical infrastructure issue and without fixed it? It's a joke I think, if you don't know how to fix it, provide to users rollback option.
Same issue here, same versions and hw.
Already open a case in Huawey AND Google.
Same here, started to question my choice for a huawei device. Got stuck in central London, only used my phone for transport and payments . Lucky my colleague had some money I can borrow.

Update, Huawei Italy recall me now.
the affirm it's an issue of Google Play, and it involve a lot of device and brands, and Google is working to release an update to fix it.
Userlevel 2

the affirm it's an issue of Google Play, and it involve a lot of device and brands, and Google is working to release an update to fix it.

Italy here too. As I know, it only involves Vodafone branded phones. And it has to do with Huawei, Huawei should release an update or possibly to rollback not Google.
Userlevel 2
This is an appalling situation. My next phone will be anything other than Huawei. My next contract will be with anyone other than Vodafone. 3 weeks and still no resolution and neither Huawei, Vodafone or Google seem to be in the least bit interested. Pathetic
Userlevel 1

Italy here too. As I know, it only involves Vodafone branded phones. And it has to do with Huawei, Huawei should release an update or possibly to rollback not Google.

Italy Here :)
The problem involves TIM too :(
To get Google Pay working again, I had to rollabck to the previous version of EMUI
Yes, it seem not to be related to operator, but with Goolg play & Android branded versions.
Userlevel 2
How do I roll back?
I can't do it with Hisuite, it doesn't give that option
Userlevel 1
How do I roll back?

You should have a backup of the phone with the old version and you should restore it with the previous version of hisuite too. Check this link https://uk.community.huawei.com/software-40/hisuite-backup-please-download-and-install-the-latest-huawei-backup-application-from-google-play-before-using-this-feature-7044
Userlevel 2
Thanks ritaD

John
Userlevel 1

How do I roll back?
You should have a backup of the phone with the old version and you should restore it with the previous version of hisuite too. Check this link https://uk.community.huawei.com/software-40/hisuite-backup-please-download-and-install-the-latest-huawei-backup-application-from-google-play-before-using-this-feature-7044

That's a great suggestion ritaD, however seeing as the phone updated itself with no prompting, I imagine that plenty of folk (myself included) don't have a backup, seeing as they weren't planning on making any changes...
Userlevel 2

How do I roll back?
That's a great suggestion ritaD, however seeing as the phone updated itself with no prompting, I imagine that plenty of folk (myself included) don't have a backup, seeing as they weren't planning on making any changes...

That's my issue too, but good of ritaD to offer her help, more than I've had from Huawei UK
Hi, I have the same issue (Google pay not working, device not certified). I have a P20 on Vodafone and it seems to have stopped working after the update which updated automatically.
This is not just a Vodafone problem, I have an unlocked p20 using a three sim, and gpay stopped working after their last update. The play store shows the device as uncertified, and a CTS check comes back as failed. I don't believe this issue is with Google, as it seems only Huawei devices are affected. It's been almost a month now, with not so much as a statement from Huawei. I'm looking for a refund, this is unacceptable.
I did a FF update on mine to 9.1.0.311, same issue Gpay not working anymore. Play store saying device is not certified.

Hello, just an update I upgraded my phone via FF to 9.1.0.326, Google play still says "Device is not certified". But GPay is working again!
Same for me, on vodafone too.
Same problem with me, on Vodafone in the UK.

I'm not hopeful for any resolution given Huawei are abandoning Google Apps soon.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49508121
Userlevel 1
Same problem with me, on Vodafone in the UK.

I'm not hopeful for any resolution given Huawei are abandoning Google Apps soon.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49508121

My understanding of that is that it's only for new devices - and that existing devices would not be affected. I don't however know how it stands for updates etc - although, the update we received did have the Google apps in it, so I'm hopeful that this is just a cock-up by someone somewhere, rather than the orange goblin's interference.