Answered

How can I fix the sound delay between P20 Pro and earbuds?

• 19 August 2018
  • 3 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
I have a P20 Pro and Huawei Bluetooth earbuds. The sound quality is fantastic but there is a 37ms sound delay which when watching films etc means the mouthed words are not in sync with the audio.

Please help, both products are amazing but seem not to work together properly!!!
icon

Best answer by Max 3 September 2018, 16:29

Hi Pvm!

Glad to hear that you are using our devices and that you hold them in high esteem! :D

In regards to your question, the Huawei wireless earphones has used true wireless Bluetooth technology. Considering that the audio first passes from the phone to the main earphone, then the main earphone passes the audio to the earphone, there will be a certain delay in the process of audio transmission.

You can check this matter with another device while using the same app and see if the delay is still present or noticeable.

Hope this proves useful. Enjoy your phone and earbuds! :D

Max
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
I've Huawei Bluetooth earphones (not the buds) and I've never noticed any delay as such, the only delay I have noticed is the film being behind the sound as the buffering via the streaming.

That's going to be one of the main benefits of when the MiMo mesh networks are rolled out on the back of 5G.

Seeing the Huawei 5G network last November down in London was fantastic. The speed and delivery of various services will change how we live.

So whilst your 37ms delay may be slightly annoying now, when 5G arrives, you won't even remember that.

As they say, short time pain for long term gain - that's what we have to put up with as Huawei can deliver and solve so much, but it's down to the network providers holding the Technology back that's preventing greater delivery of Technology
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Pvm!

Glad to hear that you are using our devices and that you hold them in high esteem! :D

In regards to your question, the Huawei wireless earphones has used true wireless Bluetooth technology. Considering that the audio first passes from the phone to the main earphone, then the main earphone passes the audio to the earphone, there will be a certain delay in the process of audio transmission.

You can check this matter with another device while using the same app and see if the delay is still present or noticeable.

Hope this proves useful. Enjoy your phone and earbuds! :D

Max
Its a delay voice is delay while using wireless earphone .
I used same wireless with other mobile with same video was normal but with nova 3 its other story and delay its annoying while play games hearing delay
I think buletooth in nova 3 is the reason