Answered

How do I adjust sound balance on the P20 Lite?

• 22 August 2018
  • 13 replies

i have a hearing problem which requires me to need my headphones to be louder on the left than the right. however I can not find that option on my p20 lite. it was easy to find on my Samsung and I am confused as to why it is missing here
icon

Best answer by Max 24 August 2018, 13:38

Hi jackbutlr!

We are happy to hear that you are using one of our products :D

Regarding your inquiry, from the P20 series only the P20 and the P20 Pro have the equalizer option, with the Huawei Histen sound effects. However, the P20 Lite doesn't have that option.

While you still can modify the sound using the equalizer while headphones are connected, such as bass and treble, the equalizer option is not available on the P20 Lite.

Hope this information proves useful!

Max
View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi jackbutlr!

We are happy to hear that you are using one of our products :D

Regarding your inquiry, from the P20 series only the P20 and the P20 Pro have the equalizer option, with the Huawei Histen sound effects. However, the P20 Lite doesn't have that option.

While you still can modify the sound using the equalizer while headphones are connected, such as bass and treble, the equalizer option is not available on the P20 Lite.

Hope this information proves useful!

Max
Hhhmmm. Actually my P20 Lite has full equalizer functionality. I bought it in late November of 2018. Perhaps a more recent app and operating system?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi tlundheim,

The P20 lite has a Histen option that can be accessed from Settings > Sound > Histen sound effects. Well pointed out it dose have a equaliser ranging from a 31 to 16k range that can be tweaked to your preferance and several profiles for general usage.
To fully enjoy and notice the difference with the changes as per our prior recommendation we suggest using headphones and selecting a suitable profile that matches their model, shape or make.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Max
Thanks Max. In my brief experience with the P20 Lite, one has to have headphones/earphones plugged to utilize the equalizer. If listening with the phone speaker alone, sound options (headset, headset type, equaliser and 3D audio) are greyed out.
Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Not a problem Tim, glad that you are enjoying the P20 lite! :)
If you have any further questions or inquiries, I will gladly help out.

Best wishes,
Max
Are they planning to come up with an EQ solution ? Because, I'm not enjoying listening to music with my headphones without EQ adjustments. That's a big issue for me.
My EQ works fine on my P20 Lite when headphones are plugged in. If only using the phone speakers, the EQ is greyed out and doesn't allow for adjustments. Is your phone a P20 Lite?
Yes, I'm using p20 lite. But if you mean Huawei Histen Sound Effects as an EQ, it's not the same and that is not what I want. Also, I'm using bluetooth headphones. So, either way it's greyed out.
Apparently I don't understand what you mean by EQ. When a standard headphone is plugged into the jack on the bottom I can access the equalizer controls via the icon on the top left of a song. There are three headset types - in-ear, earbuds, and head-mounted. When plugged in I can modify the equalizer through custom settings or my own including a mega bass slide on the bottom. If no jack and listening only through the phone speaker, everything is greyed out. It seems bluetooth headphones won't activate the equalizer utilization - only a headphone jack will allow for that on P20 Lite. Maybe someone else on the string can help you though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Giving the numerous amount of requests we received, I will forward the request in regards to the Equalizer to be available with Bluetooth headphones or without any headphones plugged in at all.

The development team will review the requests, rest assured.

Best wishes,
Max
The eq is so necessary on this device. Will glad if you add it in miui 9 release
Really glad to hear this feature is on the to-do list. Since the launch of the P9 I have converted around 20 of my friends and family to Huawei devices (for phones, tablets and laptops).

The most recent person being my dad, he has purchased the P20 Pro the other week after seeing how great mine has been over the last year.

Unfortunately due to working his entire life as an engineer in highly noisy environments, he has lost most of his hearing in his right ear, therefore he wanted to increase the volume to the right and decrease to the left, unfortunately through the BOSE QC II via Bluetooth, we can't adjust this.

Really looking forward to the feature.

Keep up the great work guys, and keep designing these incredible products.

Megan~
Hi Guy
I am using Bluetooth head phones and yes it would be great to have some EQ adjustment available to all devices connected to the Phone.