Answered

How to disable Floating finger icon on homescreen?

• 15 December 2018
  • 9 replies

Can someone please tell me how to disable the floating white pointing finger, that seems to point in the bottom right hand corner of my Huawei P20 Pro? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by feckineejit 20 December 2018, 18:23

Hi @SarahGoral,

Thank you for providing us with the requested screenshot!

Hmm, indeed it is rather odd as we have never encountered this before.
Could you kindly perform a wipe cache partition of your device?
This is done by turning off the device, pressing and holding the volume up button + power button at the same time, once the recovery menu appears, select "Wipe Cache Partition" (Navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select)
Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

Additionally, were you able to figure if this was caused by any third party application you recently installed?

Looking forward to your answer! 😀

Max

Its been sorted Max I told her it might have been an app, I was correct it was to do with a ringtone app
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @SarahGoral,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices.

In regards to your inquiry, would it be possible to attach a screenshot with the floating white pointing finger that you are getting on the screen of your device?
With a better understanding of the situation I would be able to assist you further.

Thank you and I am looking forward to your reply! 😀

Max
Hi Max,
Here's a screen shot.
Its at the bottom right.

Thanks
Sarah
It is so annoying
Userlevel 3
Never noticed this ony p20 pro, are you sure it's not something to do with an app you've downloaded
Im not sure? I'll have to try and disable some apps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @SarahGoral,

This is done by turning off the device, pressing and holding the volume up button + power button at the same time, once the recovery menu appears, select "Wipe Cache Partition" (Navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select)
Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

Additionally, were you able to figure if this was caused by any third party application you recently installed?

Max
Userlevel 3
Hi @SarahGoral,

Max

Its been sorted Max I told her it might have been an app, I was correct it was to do with a ringtone app
Hi Max,

It turned out to be a free ringtone App that I had download? Strange, but it's gone since uninstalling the app!

Thanks for your help
Sarah
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @SarahGoral,

Happy to see that it's gone, thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for helping @feckineejit! 🙂