Question

Huawei P20 Pro and bluetooth headphones

• 12 January 2019
  • 3 replies

i have just purchased a pair of Huawei sport bluetooth headphones to use with my Huawei P20 Pro, they connect first time, but the audio is intermittent, i get a few seconds of music and then it drops out, help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @stokecity12,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

As specified in a different post, please try the following steps:

Make sure that you have selected the correct Bluetooth profile for your Bluetooth Headset.
You can do this by going into the developer options, which is found in Settings > System > Developer Options. (also please make sure you have the Developer Option enabled - tap 7x times on the Build Number of the device found in settings > system > about phone)
There, you will find the settings for changing the Bluetooth Transmission and improve the audio quality. You can check the specifications of the speaker to see what are the recommended settings for that device.
In developer options you can modify the following settings:

Bluetooth Audio Codec
Bluetooth Audio Sample Rate
Bluetooth Audio Bits per Sample
Bluetooth Audio Channel Mode
Bluetooth Audio LDAC Codec: Playback Quality
Bluetooth Audio HWA playback quality
Bluetooth Audio HWA latency

I suggest to play around with the settings and see which setting is suited best for your Bluetooth Headset.
Note: If the quality does not improve only with that, kindly consult the Bluetooth Headset instructions manual and check the recommended settings for that.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀
Max
Hi @stokecity12,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

As specified in a different post, please try the following steps:

Make sure that you have selected the correct Bluetooth profile for your Bluetooth Headset.
You can do this by going into the developer options, which is found in Settings > System > Developer Options. (also please make sure you have the Developer Option enabled - tap 7x times on the Build Number of the device found in settings > system > about phone)
There, you will find the settings for changing the Bluetooth Transmission and improve the audio quality. You can check the specifications of the speaker to see what are the recommended settings for that device.
In developer options you can modify the following settings:

Bluetooth Audio Codec
Bluetooth Audio Sample Rate
Bluetooth Audio Bits per Sample
Bluetooth Audio Channel Mode
Bluetooth Audio LDAC Codec: Playback Quality
Bluetooth Audio HWA playback quality
Bluetooth Audio HWA latency

I suggest to play around with the settings and see which setting is suited best for your Bluetooth Headset.
Note: If the quality does not improve only with that, kindly consult the Bluetooth Headset instructions manual and check the recommended settings for that.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀

Max

This does help the issue, but we can't save the developer settings, it just doesn't stick.
Maybe a config file has accidentally been set to read only?

Chris
Userlevel 4
Badge
We are sorry, unfortunately the community do not seem to have an answer for your query. We'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/