Question

Huawei P20 pro compatibility with Android Auto

• 19 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Crouching Tiger
  • 25 replies
On buying a new Ford Ecosport i was told that i could plug my P20 pro into the car entertainment system and i would see almost a mirror of my phones home screen on the display.
This doesn't happen, of course i can make and receive calls and messages through the the system. Ive got android auto and Ford pass on my phone. I was hoping i could make WhatsApp calls etc etc.
Is anuyone else having the same issue?
is there something i'm missing?
HELP

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi JCM,

There are a lot of questions about Android Auto on the community. Please take a look at our Android Auto F.A.Q first and try the troubleshoot.

Will you keep us updated?
Userlevel 1
Hi community, i have managed to connect my P20 pro to android auto on my Ford ecosport at last.
I did the debugging thing, opened the app on my phone then plugged in usb cable, selecting data transfer option.
I now get Google maps, spotify, Google play, call icon etc.
However WhatsApp, Skype and Messenger don't appear but they still work for messaging.
I am continuing to try getting these apps on screen too.

Userlevel 2
Hi community, i have managed to connect my P20 pro to android auto on my Ford ecosport at last.
I did the debugging thing, opened the app on my phone then plugged in usb cable, selecting data transfer option.
I now get Google maps, spotify, Google play, call icon etc.
However WhatsApp, Skype and Messenger don't appear but they still work for messaging.
I am continuing to try getting these apps on screen too.

Well, usually you don't have whatsapp, messenger, Skype, YouTube since these apps are kinda distractive and that's not a good thing while you drive, isn't so?
Userlevel 1
Yes anything can be distracting, including smoking, changing the music station or track, talking to your passenger, telling kids in the back to behave etc.
If the Govt get their way mobiles will be illegal in the car anyway.
I don't think having WhatsApp, messenger is any worse than having Spotify, maps, weather.