Answered

Huawei pro20 sound after bath

• 15 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello, my phone drop into bath and sound in phone is nit same as was. As i am aware phone is water proof its mean should work same. Its any chance it will be back to normal or i got problem now.
icon

Best answer by DRSC Media 15 June 2019, 03:44

Yes and no. The P20 Pro is rated IP67, being "dustproof and water-resistant up to 1m". IP67 is an extra protection in case of accidents such as yours, although the warranty doesn't cover it.

In theory, yes, the device should work as before. Did you leave it to dry long enough, and make sure there's nothing left on the speaker, located at the bottom of the device (one of them is fake, for esthetic reasons, so sound only comes from one of them)?
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Yes and no. The P20 Pro is rated IP67, being "dustproof and water-resistant up to 1m". IP67 is an extra protection in case of accidents such as yours, although the warranty doesn't cover it.

In theory, yes, the device should work as before. Did you leave it to dry long enough, and make sure there's nothing left on the speaker, located at the bottom of the device (one of them is fake, for esthetic reasons, so sound only comes from one of them)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Misiaczek,

Sorry to read about the water damage on your device! :(

A couple of topics that might help:
Hope this helps!