Question

Low call after update

My p20 after last update started to have calls voice very low-Can't hear anything on the earpiece, but loud and clear on the loudspeaker any help would be appreciated as it's annoying

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Sfaszka,

Have you checked the volume from Settings > Sound? The volume might have been turned low.

If this will not be the issue, please wipe the cache of your device. To do that, please power the device off, then press and hold the Volume Up and the Power keys at the same time until the phone boots up in a new menu.

From the provided options, please select Wipe Cache Partition.

I trust this information will be of help on this inquiry. Nevertheless, if you have any other question or issues, please let me know, I'm more than happy to assist! :)

Best wishes,
Max
Max I tried the cache option but unfortunately I can't get it to run to reboot settings. Everytime I hold them buttons together the phone just turns on normally and yes the settings are on like they should be
Ok I cleaned caches and no changes in the volume 🙄
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Sfaszka,

If you are having the same issue, can you please PM me the serial number of your phone so I can look into this further?

You can find this information either on Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Looking forward to your reply! :)

Best wishes,
Max
Hi just PM you there
I'm also having the same issue with my mate 20 Pro. Husband has same phone and his volume is amazing when on calls but mines is just a whisper but fine if you put on loud speaker. Any help would be appreciated as tried the above clear cache and no difference
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Craigie15,

Welcome on the Huawei Community, thank you for joining us! 🙂

Please share your information with Max in a PM:

If you are having the same issue, can you please PM me the serial number of your phone so I can look into this further?

You can find this information either on Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi, I have the same problem with the volume on my P8 Lite. I have wiped the cache but the volume on calls continues too low. Can someone help me?
Best wishes
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I'm also having the same issue with my mate 20 Pro. Husband has same phone and his volume is amazing when on calls but mines is just a whisper but fine if you put on loud speaker. Any help would be appreciated as tried the above clear cache and no difference

My p20 after last update started to have calls voice very low-Can't hear anything on the earpiece, but loud and clear on the loudspeaker any help would be appreciated as it's annoying
Hi, I have the same problem with the volume on my P8 Lite. I have wiped the cache but the volume on calls continues too low. Can someone help me?
Best wishes

lets troubleshoot:
do you keep your bluetooth on? try using with your bluetooth off.
after switching off bluetooth, restart your phone and then make a call to see if the problem is resolved.

report back your findings.
I have done that, but the problem continues. Any other idea?
Thanks in advance
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
do any of you use or have used private space on your phones? are any others app simultaneously running which use the mic?
Failing that, it maybe the recent update is causing the problem.
I supose that no, I dont know what is the private space...
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Omer ,

Welcome to the community, can I recommend you PM Max with the information below so they can look into this. Thanks.

Hi @Sfaszka,

Best wishes,
Max