Answered

My p20 pro is not giving missed call notifications

• 1 March 2019
  • 17 replies

My p20 pro is not giving me any notifications when I have a missed calls, either icon dots/numbers or top of phone notification. I've checked settings & notifications are enabled. Can anyone help please
icon

Best answer by Max 4 March 2019, 19:05

Hi @Jgthompson25,

I am glad to hear that you are using a Huawei device! I hope you find its features enjoyable to use and that they meet your expectations!

Regarding your inquiry, can you please check your notifications permissions from Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notification Management?

From there, go to Call Management and make sure it's enabled.

Best wishes,
Max
View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Jgthompson25,

I am glad to hear that you are using a Huawei device! I hope you find its features enjoyable to use and that they meet your expectations!

Regarding your inquiry, can you please check your notifications permissions from Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notification Management?

From there, go to Call Management and make sure it's enabled.

Best wishes,
Max
Thanks for your reply, yes all enabled & still not working 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Jgthompson25,

If that is enabled and it is still the same, a network settings reset should do the trick. It will reset all the connectivity settings on your device, including the ones for calls.

To do that, go to Settings > System > Reset > Network settings reset.

I trust this information will help on your inquiry. Nevertheless, if you still have any other questions or issues, please let me know!

Best wishes,
Max
Thanks for trying to help, but this still hasn't made any difference. Did the network reset setyings but still no missed call notifications 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Jgthompson25,

Thank you for letting me know about all the steps you have taken.

Are the notifications not showing on the main screen or the menu application as well?

If its just the main screen, remove the dialing app from the home screen and then place it bag (by long tapping on the app from the menu and placing it on the home screen.)

Please let me know if this fixed the glitch!

Best regards,
Max
I have the same issue

No missed calls on any screen

Tried all the above steps

Makes my phone very unusable for business use.

I have installed a 3rd party dialler app which solves the issue but the stock Huawei dialler does not display any notifications on emui 9
I have shay done all of the steps & still not working. Which 3rd party dialler app have you installed please?
Max that step did not work 😞
The 3rd Party dialler is callerd "Dialer,Phone, Call Block & Contacts by Simpler"

Theres no ads or extras.

Seems to be working fine until Huawei sort out their software
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Jgthompson25

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps weren't efficient. In this case I would recommend you to perform a backup and a factory reset and to try further to see how it's working.
If the issue still persist, I would recommend you to contact our hotline at 08000886700, from 9-21.00, any working day.
Hope it helps ! 🤔

Best,
Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Is your problem solved, @Jgthompson25? If so, please let the community know wat the fix was. It might be helpful for other members as well. 💡
Hi

My P20 doesn't give any indication that I've had a missed call. I cannot find anything in Settings to rectify this, can you help?

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @LolSpa,

I moved your question to this thread. Please read the comments above and keep us updated. 🙂
Have you all tried pinching the home screen. Selecting home screen settings. Go to App icon badges. At the top it says Badge display mode, select Unread messages. Worked for me
This was happening to me. I checked all the setting and even reset My phone, nothing happened.
I fixed it by going to apps and notifications>call management, I turned off all notifications and then turned them all back on...... It worked! Hope this simple fix works for some of you having the same trouble 😊
Hi, i was battling with the same problem and found out that my contacts notifications were off.
this solution solve the issue

Try going - Settings-->Apps then 3 dot menu - show system processes
Scroll to Contacts --> notifications and see if it enabled, and do the same for Phone
https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/8x1dk4/missed_calls_not_showing_as_notifications/