Question

P20 9.1.0.311 update issues

• 14 August 2019
  • 30 replies

Recent update to om P20 to 311 has made my Play Protect certification as "Device not Certified". This is required by my company as they use Microsoft Intune to manage company e-mails. We have a large number of Huawei mobiles and none of them can get access to company e-mails. Need help urgently.

30 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Try and go back to the previous emui version. Huawei are already aware of this problem with 9.1.0.311 but I am not sure how fast a solution is coming.

Connect your phone to a pc and use Huawei HiSuite

Update.... Previous version.

If this doesn't work for you please contact Huawei Support.
clicked on update and doesnt offer a 'previous version' option
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I would recommend contacting Huawei Support. Hopefully they will have an alternative solution seeing as you have many devices.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@trebor0010 - you can contact Huawei support team directly here.
Userlevel 2
Recent update to om P20 to 311 has made my Play Protect certification as "Device not Certified". This is required by my company as they use Microsoft Intune to manage company e-mails. We have a large number of Huawei mobiles and none of them can get access to company e-mails. Need help urgently.
Same issue here. Can't use Google Pay, Online Banking affected. Contacted Vodafone, told me to contact Google. Contacted Google, told me to contact Huawei. Contacted Huawei, no help whatsoever. Going to take handset to Vodafone shop and demand replacement as handset is no longer "fit for purpose"
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi @Johnboy!

Please send me a private message with your serial number, build number and Google Pay version.

I will need this information in order to escalate this situation to the development team!

Looking forward to it!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Userlevel 2
Jesus. I've just sent this to @HUAWEIUK at their request. And it has nothing to do with Google Pay. The problem is the device is NOT CERTIFIED WITH GOOGLE PLAY. I apologise for getting angry, but I'm tired of going over the same ground time and again

John
Userlevel 1
Hi @Johnboy ,
I have the same problem and I did send the required info to ... well multiple ppl :D
Please give us an update if you manage to solve the problem somehow 🙂 I'll do it as well

Thanks,
alenoi
Userlevel 2
Hi @Johnboy ,
I have the same problem and I did send the required info to ... well multiple ppl :D
Please give us an update if you manage to solve the problem somehow 🙂 I'll do it as well

Thanks,
alenoi

Will do, it's getting incredibly frustrating. Are you with Vodafone UK by any chance?

Cheers

John
Userlevel 1

Will do, it's getting incredibly frustrating. Are you with Vodafone UK by any chance?

Cheers

John

Unfortunately no, I'm from Hungary ^^

BR,
alenoi
Userlevel 2
OK, my bet is that the latest EMUI update has been rolled out by only a handful of the network providers, who should have done their due diligence before doing so
Userlevel 2
clicked on update and doesnt offer a 'previous version' option
OK. I've solved it, for me at least. Give this a try

1. Factory reset your phone
  2. When it restarts, skip through everything, don't allow it to update!
  3. When you get to the home screen, connect to your computer and open Hi Suite
  4. Once your phone is connected to Hi Suite, click on System Update. There should now be an option to go back to a previous version (for me it was 9.0.0.293)
  5. Follow the instructions and restore your phone
  6. On restart, again, skip through everything. Don't let it update
  7. TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES
  8. Your phone is now, hopefully, rolled back to a previous EMUI, which is Google Play Certified
Give it a go, let me know how you get on. I, of course, accept no liability, and you do this at your own risk

Funny how Huawei could not tell us this was an option. Almost as if they are trying to hide something🤔
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I had @BarneyT escalate the issues with the update 23 days ago so they should already be working on the fixes for the bugs in thia update I haven't had an update yet on the progress or eta unfortunately.
Userlevel 2
I had @BarneyT escalate the issues with the update 23 days ago so they should already be working on the fixes for the bugs in thia update I haven't had an update yet on the progress or eta unfortunately.
Give my solution above a go, it worked for me. Strangely enough, now I'm back to the previous version, when I check for an update, it says my phone is up to date. Almost as if Huawei recognised the issue, then pulled the update so it's no longer available, so as not to wreck any more devices. 🤔
Hi. I tried Johnboy's solution and it worked a treat. I'm on Vodafone UK and had all the same issues.

Followed John's instructions and rolled my phone back to 9.0.0.293. And now Google play certified and pay is working! Well done sir.

Previously hisuite wasn't showing any earlier versions but by following the instructions the option appeared in hisuite.

A few additional points.... I panicked when my phone downloaded a 25mb Vodafone settings update, but this didn't change the version. I also had to do a second reset to get my Google backup to work as I skipped it first time round. Again no problems and still on 9.0.0.293

And as John said the 9.1.0.311 is no longer available when I checked manually. Funny that!
Userlevel 1
Hi. I tried Johnboy's solution and it worked a treat. I'm on Vodafone UK and had all the same issues.

Followed John's instructions and rolled my phone back to 9.0.0.293. And now Google play certified and pay is working! Well done sir.

Previously hisuite wasn't showing any earlier versions but by following the instructions the option appeared in hisuite.

A few additional points.... I panicked when my phone downloaded a 25mb Vodafone settings update, but this didn't change the version. I also had to do a second reset to get my Google backup to work as I skipped it first time round. Again no problems and still on 9.0.0.293

And as John said the 9.1.0.311 is no longer available when I checked manually. Funny that!

This worked for me too many thanks to Johnboy
Userlevel 1
In Hungary there is a new update now for P20. 9.1.0.328 is 4.03GB. I hope it will be certified, I am downloading it right now 🙂 I have nothing to lose at this point haha 😃
Userlevel 1
In Hungary there is a new update now for P20. 9.1.0.328 is 4.03GB. I hope it will be certified, I am downloading it right now 🙂 I have nothing to lose at this point haha :D
Please let us know if it's OK. 👍
Userlevel 1
So the update has finished, and it is funny because the "Device is not certified" info is now missing in Google Play 😃 So I can't check it... But I tried to activate my Revolut card in GooglePay, and now it did not say that my device is rooted. It is another story that "My bank does not support this feature for this card".

So I think the update kinda solves the issue, but unfortunately I cannot comfirm it right now 😞
Userlevel 1
So the update has finished, and it is funny because the "Device is not certified" info is now missing in Google Play 😃 So I can't check it... But I tried to activate my Revolut card in GooglePay, and now it did not say that my device is rooted. It is another story that "My bank does not support this feature for this card".

So I think the update kinda solves the issue, but unfortunately I cannot comfirm it right now :(

Thanks for the info, sounds promising, if you want to know for sure you could install and run Safetynet test.
Userlevel 1
311 has been re-released (UK vodafone) , just installed it and all seems to be OK
Userlevel 2
Hi G4
I noticed this today. When you say all seems to be OK, can you confirm that your device is Google Play Certified?

Thanks
Hi. I previously managed to roll my phone back to previous version and this solved the issues. Like g4dget65 I got a notice yesterday for the update 9.1.0.311. This has the same version number of the version that caused the problems BUT I updated last night and have no problems.
The option in Google play confirming certification is no longer there... It just gives version number. And most importantly I've just used Google pay twice this morning with no problems. Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Hi. I previously managed to roll my phone back to previous version and this solved the issues. Like g4dget65 I got a notice yesterday for the update 9.1.0.311. This has the same version number of the version that caused the problems BUT I updated last night and have no problems.
The option in Google play confirming certification is no longer there... It just gives version number. And most importantly I've just used Google pay twice this morning with no problems. Thanks.

Thanks Kenny

John
Userlevel 1
Hi G4
I noticed this today. When you say all seems to be OK, can you confirm that your device is Google Play Certified?

Thanks

Yes it's certified 😁