Question

P20 app switcher and RAM

• 5 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello! First time posting here, so please bear with me if I'm doing something wrong!

So I recently got the update to EMUI 9 and Android Pie on my P20! And it's great, except for two things.

The App Switcher/Task View (what are you supposed to call it?) occasionally looks.. less than nice. Most of the time it looks fine and normal, but occasionally I get this blue tint over the screen, with the status bar being left out. It only happens sometimes, but often enough that it really bothers me.

The second issue might not even be an issue? I've noticed recently that I seem to be using 1.5-2 gigs of ram just, on the home screen. Doing nothing. I'm not sure if that's normal, but nothing feels slow so I'm guessing it is? Just thought I'd ask.

Screenshots of the App Switcher bug
https://imgur.com/a/cul44F7
Out of the times it's happened I can't seem to pin point any one thing thats making it go blue, so I'm really at a loss here.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi l3eautiful,

Sorry to hear of the inconvenience you are experiencing. May I ask have you done a factory reset after the update?
The ram usage, depending on background active apps that you have seems pretty normal. And thank you for the detailed post for a first time poster you have provided a lot of insight into the situation :)
To do a factory reset, you simply have to go into Settings- on top there is a search bar - just search for the word "Reset". Among the search results presented there will be Factory Reset. It will ask for a confirmation and then procede to delete all internal memory from the device restoring it to a factory condition.

Let me know if the tint still appears afterwards.
Best wishes,
Max