Answered

P20 Pro alarm/timer/vibrate issues

• 7 May 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi all, would appreciate it greatly if anyone could help me. I have a p20 pro and have always been happy with it until this past week or so, when my alarm or timer activates it shows on the screen yet doesn't make a sound, also my vibrate won't work anymore yet randomly worked the other day on a BBC news notification.
I have tried clearing the cache, rebooting the phone, factory reset, changing the notifications from managed automatically to manage manually but to no avail. Has anyone else had these issues or know how to solve them? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Jase 8 May 2019, 09:45

Hey, thanks for replying, yeah I tried the diagnosis functions and it just said fault..
Hi, no problem Marv1988.
I'm afraid then that must likely you need to send your phone in for repair. If it's still under warranty it goes back to where it was purchased, if not I think there's contact info available via the hicare app.

Regards Jase
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
You haven't by any chance just accidentally turned down your alarms volume?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Also you can test the vibration motor using the hicare app, open app, click diagnosis, then click manual and then click test the motor.
Hey, thanks for replying, yeah I tried the diagnosis functions and it just said fault..
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi, no problem Marv1988.
I'm afraid then that must likely you need to send your phone in for repair. If it's still under warranty it goes back to where it was purchased, if not I think there's contact info available via the hicare app.

Regards Jase
It's sti9ll under warranty I tried going back to Vodafone but they said they won't touch it as the glass on the back is cracked which happened months ago and has never affected the phone whatsoever, I asked for advice at a phone repair shop and they said they'd only ever experienced software issues with the p20 pro not hardware and they also wouldn't touch it..
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
It's sti9ll under warranty I tried going back to Vodafone but they said they won't touch it as the glass on the back is cracked which happened months ago and has never affected the phone whatsoever, I asked for advice at a phone repair shop and they said they'd only ever experienced software issues with the p20 pro not hardware and they also wouldn't touch it..
Nightmare😳, it may be best to get in touch with an official repair center and get advice from them. I'm sure it can be fixed but you may incur a charge because it's already cracked. With asking to see what they say I guess.
Regards Jase
Yeah that's what I was thinking, it's annoying though as it's literally just a piece of glass on the back that's cracked, just aesthetic and has no effect on the functioning of the phone at all