Question

P20 Pro Dialler not working

• 3 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi there. Out of nowhere the dialler on my P20 Pro has stopped working. I can make calls but then the dialler screen disappears and is viewable only in the notification banner much like if you navigated to another screen whilst on a call. The difference here being that where it says "touch to return to call" doesn't work to let me return to the main dialler screen so I can't end the call. Has anyone had this problem & been able to implement a fix? Screenshot below of exactly what I'm seeing when I make a call now.

5 replies

Hello Harved2,

A few minutes ago I had the same problem and I managed to "fix it" by changing the navigation mode to Gestures. It seems to be a problem with the bottom of the touch screen, because once I have changed the mode, I find it hard to hit the buttons on the bottom bar, but at least I can make and receive calls.

Hope this can help you.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi @Harved2, welcome!

To attempt fixing this we'd strongly suggest wiping the cache partition.

It might sound complicated, but here you can find the steps, please let us know if this helped.

1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

Cheers
Hello I have the same problem. I wiped the cache partition and this did not work. I have, however, changed navigation mode to gestures and this has solved my problem. Many thanks for this suggestion. Realise that this is not a full fix but it will buy some time whilst trying to get to the bottom of the core problem.
Hi

I have this exact same issue. Changed the navigation mode to gestures and it does indeed fix the dialer issue but now there's no touch sensitivity along the bottom of the screen. Is it an internal problem?

Have tried everything else
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey @tomfitz1080!

Sorry to hear of the situation of your device and thank you for providing us with all of the troubleshooting steps you have attempted.

In this case I would recommend having the device inspected by one of our engineers at the service center for a more hands-on approach.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Jack