Answered

P20 Pro goes to homescreen automatically

• 2 December 2018
  • 17 replies

Hi i have a huawei Pro 20 and its only 4 months old. when ever i start to use my phone it starts to vibrate on and off automatically going to home screen and closing a browser or whatever it is im looking at. its as if the fingerprint 'button' or sensor becomes stuck. its difficult to use the phone coz everything just go back to homescreen and apps just close. appreciate any help. thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 5 December 2018, 17:06

Hi treen2000,

Sorry to hear of the situation. Have you tried a hard factory reset and testing the device without restoring all the apps, it sounds like a software conflict that you are experiencing.
To hard reset the device, you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The middle option is the Factory Reset that we are looking for. After the device finishes the reset it will come back to this particular menu - to leave the menu just tap reboot system now ( the last option in the list ).

Let me know how it goes afterwards.
Best wishes,
Max
View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi treen2000,

Sorry to hear of the situation. Have you tried a hard factory reset and testing the device without restoring all the apps, it sounds like a software conflict that you are experiencing.
To hard reset the device, you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The middle option is the Factory Reset that we are looking for. After the device finishes the reset it will come back to this particular menu - to leave the menu just tap reboot system now ( the last option in the list ).

Let me know how it goes afterwards.
Best wishes,
Max
Thank you xx
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi treen2000,

I take it that the phone is now acting normally 🙂 ?

No problem, Im here to help.
Best wishes,
Max
its stopped thanks xx
Its doing it again!! On my huawei 20 pro, it automatically closes apps and goes to home screen, the large black button on the bottom seems like its being pressed without me doing it and makes a vibrating noise. if i scroll along, the screen goes back to the first page (home screen with apps) ive tried resetting the phone but its doing it again. it does it spontaneously when i use the use the phone. restarting doesnt work either.
I have a very similar problem to OP.

My P20Pro does not vibrate. I too have tried everything possible and its been ongoing for 6months.

I dont play games (so I dont install other apps as such), I only use the phone for camera and watch youtube.

It's very frustrating, pls help.
It vibrates because i think Ive got fingerprint sensor but Ive tried without it and it still did it without the vibrations. Fed up, can’t use the phone for anything
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Fire Fly , can you confirm if Max's advice helps or not? @treen2000 - I've flagged for the support team to look at this.
No it hasn’t I’ve tried reset twice thanks
I've now tried wipe cache partition, I'll see how phone behaves later. I'll update you in due course
still doing it unfortunately! not worked 😡😡
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Treen2000,

Thank you for your update. As you've not had a response from our support team yet I'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels here please https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Factory reset worked for me so far!
I think I had an app that was the culprit.
@Fire Fly , can you confirm if Max's advice helps or not? @treen2000 - I've flagged for the support team to look at this.
Hi Danjl,

Max's advice did not help resolve the issue.

What I noticed is, whether I'm on youtube or Huawei gallery app or just playing around with the clock settings, it will auto go back to homescreen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Fire Fly,

If the hard reset didn't help I'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/ as your device might need a more hands-on approach.
Thx Amy.

Huawei technical support has called me to send it back.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi all!

Thank you for the feedback!

We are happy that the hard factory reset helped some of you. Hopefully all of you managed to resolve this with the reset at this time.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance.

All the best,
BarneyT