Question

P20 PRO microphone problem

• 2 June 2019
  • 6 replies

Anyone else experiencing problems when they are making calls? All I hear from the person on the other end is "I can't hear you." So frustrating. I've turned of permissions for the mic with google but still no joy. Can anyone help please? PS my wife also has a P20 PRO and has the same problem

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @papajack,

Welcome on the community and sorry to see that you are both having these issues. Please take a look at this thread and try the suggestions.

Please let me know if this helps!
Hi @papajack,

Welcome on the community and sorry to see that you are both having these issues. Please take a look at this thread and try the suggestions.

Please let me know if this helps!

even on the other thread you don't provide any solution.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@billiramirez the post Amy highlights has several recommendations from other community members:

• Open HiCare > Smart Diagnosis > Manual > Microphone.
  • removing the permission of mic from all other apps like google sound assistant and others . > did not fix it ! also I need the google sound assistant .
  • trying not to use private space !! it fix the problem but I really need its like an other phone !!! if its not for the private space I wound be go with other phone cheaper and don't have to pay ton of money for super camera that I don't need !
  • Check updates : Ensure the phone has the latest update .
If this doesn't help, then the support team suggested the following:

Given the fact that you have tried in the situation that we have here the last step is the Factory reset. We highly recommend you to proceed with the Factory reset so we can establish if it is a Hardware or a Software issue.

Beforehand a back up is recommended in order to keep your data.

Here you have the steps for the factory reset:

To factory reset the device, you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The middle option is the Factory Reset that we are looking for. After the device finishes the reset it will come back to this particular menu - to leave the menu just tap reboot system now ( the last option in the list ).

Hope these help.
@billiramirez the post Amy highlights has several recommendations from other community members:

• Open HiCare > Smart Diagnosis > Manual > Microphone.
  • removing the permission of mic from all other apps like google sound assistant and others . > did not fix it ! also I need the google sound assistant .
  • trying not to use private space !! it fix the problem but I really need its like an other phone !!! if its not for the private space I wound be go with other phone cheaper and don't have to pay ton of money for super camera that I don't need !
  • Check updates : Ensure the phone has the latest update .
If this doesn't help, then the support team suggested the following:

Given the fact that you have tried in the situation that we have here the last step is the Factory reset. We highly recommend you to proceed with the Factory reset so we can establish if it is a Hardware or a Software issue.

Beforehand a back up is recommended in order to keep your data.

Here you have the steps for the factory reset:

To factory reset the device, you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The middle option is the Factory Reset that we are looking for. After the device finishes the reset it will come back to this particular menu - to leave the menu just tap reboot system now ( the last option in the list ).

Hope these help.

This response is a summary of all the stuff that really don't solve the issue. The Huawei support team just only give feedback from other users replies or "solutions".

None of these solve the issue entirely, they're just temporary solutions to a issue that is very important.

l tried all the recommendations you gave and didn't work. Three days ago I installed the updates of the software hoping the issue were gone, but that didn't happen.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@billiramirez, I shared these as I wasn't sure if you'd tried these or not. Just trying to be helpful. As the community manager, I try to help folks by sharing possible solutions other community members or the support team have shared. I've raised this the support team so they can investigate. If you want, you can also contact them direct.
@billiramirez, I shared these as I wasn't sure if you'd tried these or not. Just trying to be helpful. As the community manager, I try to help folks by sharing possible solutions other community members or the support team have shared. I've raised this the support team so they can investigate. If you want, you can also contact them direct.

I apologize the way I expressed to myself, I know you try to be helpful, this been so frustrating since I trusted on this company to get a good phone. I hope there be a solutions sooner, thanks.