Answered

P20 pro not super charging

• 16 May 2019
  • 9 replies

Using original charger cable and plug.

Lasy few days not super charging, it hasn't gotten wet and the cable appears clean.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by DRSC Media 16 May 2019, 01:12

Have you tested with a different cable/charger?

Start by backing up all your data, either via Huawei Cloud or HiSuite (or your preferred backup solution), then reset the device. Make sure to delete your Google account first to avoid being Google locked.

If this doesn't solve the issue, contact Huawei's hotline (if you are in the UK, top right you have their number) for explanations on how to send the device via their postal service for a repair.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Have you tested with a different cable/charger?

Start by backing up all your data, either via Huawei Cloud or HiSuite (or your preferred backup solution), then reset the device. Make sure to delete your Google account first to avoid being Google locked.

If this doesn't solve the issue, contact Huawei's hotline (if you are in the UK, top right you have their number) for explanations on how to send the device via their postal service for a repair.
Hi @DRSC Media. Thanks for the reply. I have ordered a new charger and cable just in case (they are always useful to have).

Factory reset for me will be last option as I have so many apps that won't back up their data.

Without the supercharge it took over 5 hours from 3% to full charge.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @DRSC Media. Thanks for the reply. I have ordered a new charger and cable just in case (they are always useful to have).

Factory reset for me will be last option as I have so many apps that won't back up their data.

Without the supercharge it took over 5 hours from 3% to full charge.

Check whether you can save the file containing the data for each app individually, generally when FastCharge/SuperCharge doesn't work anymore it's a hardware issue. Sending it for a repair means wiping the device.

But obviously I hope for you it's just the cable or brick that doesn't work properly 🙂
Well it isn't the cable or plug as new one has arrived and still no joy
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@HumbleRy it's a shame the cable wasn't the issue. Did you contact support? Let us know if they can resolve this.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Yes in this case, if it's not the cable/brick, you might want to backup all your data and contact support for how to send the device for a repair.
Is it worth trying the factory reset first?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
You will have to reset the device before sending it for a repair anyway.

Make sure to backup all your data, either via Huawei Cloud/HiSuite, delete your Google account from the device to avoid being Google locked, and then factory reset. If this doesn't solve the issue, contact Huawei's UK hotline (if you are in the UK) and they'll give you the instructions on how to send the device for a repair.
After the previous update in late April 2019.the super charging had been lost. And only regular charging is done.
I don't know the reason.