Question

P20 Pro selfie issue with certain camera app

Userlevel 2
I am having some issues with the selfie camera freezing whilst using certain apps such as Snapchat, while I record videos, at around the 10-15 second mark the video playback will freeze but the audio will continue to record. I have tried a reset, reinstall, cleared cache to no avail. any idea team?

Haroon

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Haroon!

Sorry to hear about the camera issue that you are experiencing on your P20 Pro.

Based on the symptoms that you've mentioned, and also considering that you did a factory reset, this may be an incompatibility issue between your phone and the Snapchat app.

Under these circumstances, I would advise you to check if there are any updates available for the Snapchat app. Since it's a third-party app we, as manufacturers of the device, do not provide support for the app itself. Also, I would recommend contacting the app's developers, so this matter can be brought to their attention as well.

At the same time, can you please send me your phone IMEI and Build number in a private message? To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new window that appears, select "Send message". Please do not post either number on this discussion.

Looking forward to your reply!

Max
Userlevel 2
The issue still persists but after doing some digging, I think it's something to do with Snapchat itself not being optimised for the P20 Pro. As a few people I know have this exact same problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey Solid5nake,

Did you manage to sort this issue? Did you have contact with Snapchat? Or did you talk to Max in DM? :8
@Solid5nake
Same problem here. P20 pro it freeze at around 3 seconds. Audio continues.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings