Answered

Pairing my P20 Pro with my car

Hi
I have been trying to pairing the p20 pro with the Bluetooth in my car without success .
Any suggestions from the users ?
I really need to pair via Bluetooth my phone cuz I receive phone calls and I use to listen Spotify.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 27 August 2018, 16:20

Hi Nelson!

Glad to hear that you are using our P20 Pro!

As for the Bluetooth connection issue, are you trying to connect from the phone to the car? If that's the case, have you tried to make the connection from the car to the phone? Meaning that using the car's Bluetooth system to make a pairing request to the phone.

Please let me know if that works. Looking forward to your reply! :D

Max

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Nelson!

Glad to hear that you are using our P20 Pro!

As for the Bluetooth connection issue, are you trying to connect from the phone to the car? If that's the case, have you tried to make the connection from the car to the phone? Meaning that using the car's Bluetooth system to make a pairing request to the phone.

Please let me know if that works. Looking forward to your reply! :D

Max
Hi thanks for your help.
After the update I did today I have tried again and it works.
Thanks
Cannot pair my p20 pro to my car. Car finds phone but not visible on phone for pairing code. When search phone for car not found. Anyone know how to resolve this please.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Juriaste,

Welcome on the community! Please don't forget to introduce yourself. 🙂

It seems like you're not the only one with this problem. I moved your question to this thread. Please read the above and let us know if this solved your issue.
Hello. I have been determined to find out why and how. I purchased honda civic 15 reg and it has a screen to access to entertainments but realised that it has no nav app. I finally found out my model doesn't come with nav(se plus model) so came across with Google auto but no success as you know. Now I found automate and sygic apps thinking and hopping it will work with my car. I connected with genuine huawei USB to car and Bluetooth is on. All I can see my Moby screen is mirror link connect and nothing happens. Do you think there is a setting that I need to change? My both apps can recognise my car but it's not showing on my car screen. I would appreciate if someone can advise me. Much appreciated! Thanks. Xx
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Meimei,

I moved your question to this topic. Please read the comments above and let us know if you need further assistance. 🙂
Good morning, firstly love my new MATE 20 Pro. I have ditched Samsung and come across to Huawei.

Prior to the switch my Samsung Galaxy S7 would connect to bluetooth in my car. But my new lovely phone just will not connect. I have tried so many times now it is beginning to get really annoying.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated peeps.

The car I have is a citroen ds3 2010. My Samsung S7 would connect and was perfect.

Help please peeps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi darren evans,

Welcome on the community! I moved your topic. Please read the replies in this thread. And if you need any assistance, let me know!
Hi Amy,

I have tried connecting both ways. This is bizarre my S7 would connect straight away. My car recognises that my phone is there and it comes up on the display Huawei Mate 20 Pro (IN CAR) and I select pair, but the pairing request doesn't show on my phone.

I have tried the other way too, from my phone to my car - exactly the same issue.

My car has an aux usb port. But like I said my Samsung S7 connected straight away.

Please help as I need to answer my phone whilst driving and I really do not like wearing earphones whilst driving.

My car is a Citroen DS3 Dsport 2010 registration.

Thankyou in advance.😀

Kind Regards,

Darren
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Darren,

Thanks for you reply. I asked our Support team to assist you in this topic. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @darren evans,

Happy to hear that you love your new Mate 20 Pro!

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:

First, could you kindly install the Android Auto application on your device and try to pair your device with the car, or vice-versa after this has been installed? (if you cannot find the app in PlayStore, kindly check the AppGallery)
  1. Open Android Auto.
  2. Your phone might ask you to download or update certain apps, like Google Maps.
  3. Review the Safety Notice and Terms & Conditions on your phone (only required the first time you use the app).
  4. Follow the steps on the screen to give Android Auto permission to access your phone's features and apps. For the best experience, accept all permissions and requests.
  5. Turn on notifications for Android Auto. For the best experience, we recommend accepting all requests.
  6. If your phone is already paired with your car or mount’s Bluetooth, select the device to enable auto launch for Android Auto.
Second, please make sure your device is up to date. You can check by going to Settings > System > System Update.
If no updates are found, tap on the three right dots in the right corner and tap on "Download latest full package".

Third, we would recommend a network settings reset. This can be done from Settings > in the search bar type "Network settings reset". After the process is done, please restart your device.

Additionally: please contact the manufacturer of your car to inquire about the compatibility of your Mate 20 Pro with your current vehicle.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀

Max
I have Huawei P20 Pro and have no issues whatsoever connecting my phone to Bluetooth in the car. However, would like to be able to mirror the screen to my car head unit so that I can use google maps or waze to navigate. Can you please tell me how to enable mirrorlink on my Huawei P20 pro so that I can achieve this.

I was on the point of buying a Samsung S8 or 9 when the shop assistant showed me the Huawei so I went back home and carried out some further research before buying it. I only hope that I am not going to be disappointed in finding that it doesn't support mirrorlink to make me regret my decision.

Apart from this blip (hoping it's just a blip and not an omission) I love the phone, particularly the camera.

So looking forward to a response so that I can finally achieve this. Thanks.

Lynne
I recently bought the P20 Pro (2 days ago) and loving it so far. Have been an iPhone user for about 10 years I think but so glad I switched!

I have managed to connect my P20 Pro to my cars bluetooth not a problem and I can make and receive calls. The only issue is it imports the contacts weird. Everyone is listed as special characters or just A, B, C, D, etc not their actual names.
I checked the bluetooth setting and the share contact setting is turned on.
Any other ideas what could be the issue?
Thanks in advance, Andy
I have a 2016 Toyota Fortuner that doe shave mirrolink apabilities but when i connect my Huawei p20 Pro, the mirrorlink does not pick up my phone. Is there a setting I need to activate on the phone or do I need a particular type of USB cable> Please assist.
Regards,

Johan
Hi this is my first post on this forum as I have only recently purchased my p20 pro (which I'm very happy with)
I appreciate this question has probably been asked many times but I would like to know if it is possible to mirror my phone to my cars head unit using USB cable and mirror link?
I previously used an iPhone and connected via carplay but I can't seem to connect the p20??
From what i have already read it seems like. This may not be possible. Does anybody know. Of any uoxats which may solve this. Such a shame I can't use my phone safely in my car 😐😐
I would like to know this too. I asked this question to Huawei using chat but they were confusing "Mirror Share" with Mirrorlink so unfortunately I never got anywhere with them. My husband is able to mirror to his Toyota perfectly using his Samsung S8.
I upgraded from P10 to P20 pro and with both phones bluetooth pairing with my Ford Fiesta 'Sync' was so easy.
As long as i activate bluetooth on my phone it auto connects to car every time.
JCM thank you for your comment. However, what we are asking here is not about Bluetooth which works seamlessly we are inquiring about Mirrorlink. Mirrorlink allows you to "mirror" your phone onto your car's head unit thus allowing you to mirror Google Maps or Waze which is much more convenient than using your phone as a satnav.

As I mentioned above, my husband has a Samsung S8 which does this perfectly in his Toyota, However, my Huawei P20 pro will not do this in my Toyota Yaris despite the Yaris supporting Mirrorlink.

I think Huawei have missed a trick here.
Ah ok never used that feature, probably my fiesta doesn't do it anyway, will have to get a new car 😆
AndyMill wrote:

I recently bought the P20 Pro (2 days ago) and loving it so far. Have been an iPhone user for about 10 years I think but so glad I switched!

I have managed to connect my P20 Pro to my cars bluetooth not a problem and I can make and receive calls. The only issue is it imports the contacts weird. Everyone is listed as special characters or just A, B, C, D, etc not their actual names.
I checked the bluetooth setting and the share contact setting is turned on.
Any other ideas what could be the issue?
Thanks in advance, Andy

This is THE same for me, just got the P20 pro and it really sucks that i cant seem to get all contacts through THE bluetooth... I have a Volvo v90 CC and when i use Samsung all works great..

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings