Question

Random calls on P20 Pro

• 15 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Has anyone experienced their p20 pro (or other Huawei phone) calling random contacts without prompting? This has been happening to my dad and it's really starting to frustrate him, particularly because he can't even end the call. He loves his phone, but this is becoming a real nuisance. Any advice or troubleshooting solutions would be welcome, as my suggestion would be to have his phone replaced.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Lizzaface,

Happy to hear that your dad is using one of our devices! We welcome him to our Huawei family!

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Make sure that he doesn't press on the power bun accidentally when kept in a pocket and a random call is made- a screen PIN or password is recommended to avoid this from happening.
2.Perform a Settings Reset. This can be done from Settings > System > Reset > Reset all Settings.

Additionally, could you kindly perform a wipe cache partition of your device?

Wipe cache partition from the Recovery menu by following the steps below:
1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".
Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I sometimes get this.
I solved it by swapping the call icon from bottom left to middle with the text message icon.

I found I was touching the bottom left of the screen while in pocket etc, while screen was unlocked.

Now I just occasionally make a "%8$84$fjr" instead of a pocket dial to a random contact.

😁
Hello I have similar problem. When I end my call after talking to some one, and put the phone down 30%of the time my phone is already calling some one else rendom or the last person I called . Its really strange. I have to send MSN to people saying I m sorry all the time. How to I turn this of? My phone is mate 20 Pro. Sorry about bad English.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi @Maria1234 , welcome to our community!

We are sorry that you have to deal with this issue, it must be really unpleasant fro you.

In this case I would suggest you to perform a hard reset on your device. You can do this by following the steps below :

Turn the device off > Press power and volume down buttons at the same time > Choose "Wipe Data/Factory Reset". Use the volumebuttons to navigate, and choose with the powerbutton > Follow the instructions and then choose "Reboot now".

Please let me know if this helped you!

Also, don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Thx for help i'l try but will this delite photos and info in my phone? Thx again.