Stable EMUI 9.1 update rolling out for the Huawei P20 and Huawei P20 Pro

Userlevel 1
Guys, the stable EMUI 9.1 update is rolling out for the Huawei P20 series.

Source: https://www.huaweicentral.com/breaking-emui-9-1-rolling-out-for-huawei-p20-and-p20-pro/

From Huawei Central article: "Huawei previously started sending EMUI 9.1 for Mate 20 series and now this much-awaited update is rolling out for the P20 and P20 Pro users that’ll install a whole new operating system for this smartphone series."

19 replies

I have the same problem as @hbbmcdowell except my version is 9.0.0.255 but the screenshot is the same. I now have a 3 boot logo but don't have a three sim card in my phone. I had the standard Huawei boot logo before this issue.
Userlevel 2
Do not, I repeat do not apply this update. There is a major issue with Google Play Certification.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello @hbbmcdowell, welcome to our community!

We are truly sorry for this problem you are facing at the moment!

Thank you for the provided screenshot, this will definitely help us solving the issue faster!

I will escalate this to our team, so they can check this for you. I will be back with a solution!

Thank you for the feedback!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
I have the same issue as JCB1888, I'm also on Vodafone but now with 3 splash screen on boot. Also the change log tells me all about 9.1 but phone still claims 9.0.0 see below. Anyone care to offer an explanation?

Userlevel 1
That can't be right..But there again I bet your phone is still working correctly..So all the crap about waiting for network to approve it no longer makes sense..
I'm on Vodafone got a message to update to 9.1 ran the update now I'm getting a 3 network spash screen when I turn my phone on and it's still on 9.0 and says no updates availible!! What the hell the phone s never been on the 3 network
Since I update to 9.1 randomly the screen turns off and when I ask for a pin ... There are more people in forums with the same problem ... I don't know if it's a problem. Update and be sure downgrade downgrade to 9.0
Userlevel 1
When I first purchased the handset and inserted my 3 sim it did indeed get branded, it's not branded now though! Somewhere along the lines (I think when I forced update to 9.0.0.168 from 8.x it removed the branding. The handset is now on 9.1.0.311 and again is no longer branded with 3 splash screen etc.

Anyway, I actually gave my phone away yesterday and purchased a sim free Samsung S10+ and so no longer have a Huawei phone. Their lack of firmware updates for the UK market and buggy firmware was enough to force me to switch!

It has been discussed on here and in great detail over on XDA forums on how to force a firmware install/update so it won't take long to find. Search Google for P20 Pro XDA

Thanks for the information Paul. I called Huawei support today and hope when the update come it remove the Branding. I hope how this goes and see which phone I get next. I used to be Samsung user and I don't like their way of pushing unwanted software that you can't even remove. How I do use the Samsung A70 as my work phone. It has some features I don't like so let wait and see. As for Three I and ready to call it quits.

Kind Regards,
Kuru
Userlevel 1
When I first purchased the handset and inserted my 3 sim it did indeed get branded, it's not branded now though! Somewhere along the lines (I think when I forced update to 9.0.0.168 from 8.x it removed the branding. The handset is now on 9.1.0.311 and again is no longer branded with 3 splash screen etc.

Anyway, I actually gave my phone away yesterday and purchased a sim free Samsung S10+ and so no longer have a Huawei phone. Their lack of firmware updates for the UK market and buggy firmware was enough to force me to switch!

It has been discussed on here and in great detail over on XDA forums on how to force a firmware install/update so it won't take long to find. Search Google for P20 Pro XDA
Userlevel 1
I purchased my handset sim free from the carphone warehouse and have a 3 UK sim inserted.

FYI, I downgraded to 9.1.0.311(C782E3R1P9)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for answering back. I bought Sim-Free as well and added my Three Sim.

How can you downgrade? If any usefull links please post here.
Was Three able to remove their Branding or you still stuck with Branding.

My FW still on 9.0.0.168 (Also C782)
My Wife Phone is on EE that does not have the Brand on the Boot.
Her FW was on initaly 9.0.0.168 but recenly updated to 9.0.0.255 but has has not given the 9.1 update yet.

Kind Regards,
Kuru
Userlevel 1
I purchased my handset sim free from the carphone warehouse and have a 3 UK sim inserted.

FYI, I downgraded to 9.1.0.311(C782E3R1P9)
Userlevel 1
Update: I have just updated to version 9.1.0.320(C782E3R1P9) and my responsiveness issues that I experienced while using share to and taking photos are now fixed. Much better user experience! I would say thanks to Huawei but as I had to force the update using an un-official method in order to get any update I will save my thanks for those who made it possible.
Hi Paul,

What network are you on?

Thanks
Kuru
How did you force update WelshPaul? Thanks
Userlevel 1
Update: I have just updated to version 9.1.0.320(C782E3R1P9) and my responsiveness issues that I experienced while using share to and taking photos are now fixed. Much better user experience! I would say thanks to Huawei but as I had to force the update using an un-official method in order to get any update I will save my thanks for those who made it possible.
Userlevel 1
I forced the update and i'm now running 9.1.0.316(C782E3R1P9)...

1. Now have 5 July 2019 Android security patch
  2. There is no GPU Turbo (not surprised)
  3. Seeing some minor lag in places such as scrolling left/right when using share to
I have done 5 or 6 full factory resets and even re-flashed the phone! I wouldn't get too excited about the update as it looks like the C782 is getting yet another stripped down version.
It's the end of July still no UK update for p20 Pro was promised end of July nothing keep hearing how everyone else has the update but UK seems to lag behind as usual when it comes to updates on time come on Huawei and 3 network pull your finger out honestly!!!!!!!!!! Really annoyed😠
Clt-l09 c782 still hasn't received the turbo gpu in emui 9.1. Why?
Userlevel 1
Good luck with that... I'm still on 9.0.0.168 (December 2018 patch) and had nothing since. Be the last Huawei phone I ever buy!
Userlevel 1
Seeing is believing Not had any updates to my P20 Pro since March..In UK and basically updates are few and far between since I got this phone.So I won't hold my breath