Still no software update

Userlevel 2
Contacted Huawei on security updates 6 weeks ago. Told they would put a software push request through. Still no update. 6 MONTHS out of date now. Have been through talking to everyone I've been fobbed off to still get lied to that security is not important, it's still safe. This thread will probably get deleted here as Huawei don't like to help customers just awesome it under the rug or pass it off to someone else. Even did the email CEO, and suprise suprise that was ignored with no answers. Can't wait to move back to Samsung. At least their security up to date. Very unhappy long time customer now going to another companyj

15 replies

Userlevel 1
Had update about 2weeks ago CLT-L29 UK version.Build no 9.0.0.240 Security patch 1st March
Userlevel 2
Still not on mine even though was told would be pushed to my handset. Within 2 weeks. Messaged a few times to them and they said would be done within 2 weeks and wasn't. Now just get fobbed off
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I'm really sorry to read that you are still waiting on a software update. There is a thread about what to do when you are waiting for an update. The best way would be to call the Hotline (again).

At the moment we cannot give support on software updates on the Huawei Community, but feel free to continue the discussion.
Userlevel 3
Contacted Huawei on security updates 6 weeks ago. Told they would put a software push request through. Still no update. 6 MONTHS out of date now. Have been through talking to everyone I've been fobbed off to still get lied to that security is not important, it's still safe. This thread will probably get deleted here as Huawei don't like to help customers just awesome it under the rug or pass it off to someone else. Even did the email CEO, and suprise suprise that was ignored with no answers. Can't wait to move back to Samsung. At least their security up to date. Very unhappy long time customer now going to another companyj
You e-mailed the CEO?! LOL
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
You can pop by a Huawei repair centre, they can update your device manually, for free, if it is still under warranty. Keep in mind that in this case they'll wipe your entire system, so make sure to make a backup of all your data. If you are in the UK, Huawei has a postal service through which you can send your device. Hotline is in the top right.

Other methods are checking via HiSuite via PC.

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/hisuite/
Huawei OTA updates seem to be very shocking indeed, as someone stated receiving .240 update 2 weeks ago I got that too. I'd been on November 2018 security patch since December 2018 through til mid April and it's just not good enough especially still being a high end device.

This is something they really need to focus on, it's alright being pointed at HiSuite but some of us don't have PC access as stupid as it sounds.

I owned a Xperia XA1 Ultra before this phone, which was a mid range device and it was always upto date with security updates. Sony sure did a great job at keeping upto date.
Userlevel 2
Have tried phoning them and always get really bad service. Apparently phone has to be sent away for 10 working days, more because I'm in Northern Ireland. No help at all. Asked what I do without my phone was told to go and buy a new phone to do me for the time it is away. Never buy Huawei if you are security consious and want customer services. Neither exist
Userlevel 3
Huawei OTA updates seem to be very shocking indeed, as someone stated receiving .240 update 2 weeks ago I got that too. I'd been on November 2018 security patch since December 2018 through til mid April and it's just not good enough especially still being a high end device.

This is something they really need to focus on, it's alright being pointed at HiSuite but some of us don't have PC access as stupid as it sounds.

I owned a Xperia XA1 Ultra before this phone, which was a mid range device and it was always upto date with security updates. Sony sure did a great job at keeping upto date.

HiSuite doesn't help anyway, it's just another fob-off whilst they keep you dancing.
Userlevel 3
You can pop by a Huawei repair centre, they can update your device manually, for free, if it is still under warranty. Keep in mind that in this case they'll wipe your entire system, so make sure to make a backup of all your data. If you are in the UK, Huawei has a postal service through which you can send your device. Hotline is in the top right.

Cant believe I'm actually contemplating a 4 hour round trip to Kent now to get my phone updated. You gotta laugh really, thanks for info anyway.
Userlevel 2

Cant believe I'm actually contemplating a 4 hour round trip to Kent now to get my phone updated. You gotta laugh really, thanks for info anyway.

We don't have a repair center in Northern Ireland.
Userlevel 3

Come on now, that's no excuse. Simply buy Airline Tickets and have a holiday in Huawei Repair Centre, Kent. What could be better?
Userlevel 2

Come on now, that's no excuse. Simply buy Airline Tickets and have a holiday in Huawei Repair Centre, Kent. What could be better?

It would probably cost the same as their advice to go purchase a new handset to do me until it came back from posting it to them
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
There aren't that many methods to update:

-Via HiSuite. The software will tell you if there's an update available for your device or not, although sometimes it doesn't work
-Via the updater of the phone
-Via HiCare, "Update" section
-HiSuite and eRecovery, although this function is not though out to update the device regularly
-Manual, via repair centre

-Via methods such as Firmware Finder, although not ideal/at your own risk
Are there actually any service centres in the UK? I used the tool on the website and it doesnt show any whatsoever in the UK?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Corky100 , There is a repair centre in ashford kent.

Open hicare app, click service centres for location, the process is you get a ticket, they send you a jiffy, you send device, they repair and return.