Answered

Streaming issues with my P20 Pro

• 21 August 2018
  • 6 replies

When steaming to one of my Bluetooth speakers using Deezer after 2 or 3 songs my p20 pro mutes itself, have to go into the app and pause track and press play again. Highly annoying. My flat mate has a p20 and has the same issue. Any ideas?

Also on Instagram when viewing stories there is writing cut out and seems too zoomed in. Again highly annoying. My network has agreed to let me change phone which I might do if I can't get a fix quick. Al
icon

Best answer by Max 22 August 2018, 16:55

Hi Al!

Glad to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In response to the streaming issue, what you can try in this case is forcing the Deezer app to run in the background. To do that, you'll have to:

Open Phone Manager > Battery > Launch > Disable Manage all automatically.

Then, in the same menu, go to Manage batch manually, search for Deezer and make sure that all three boxes (Auto-launch, Secondary launch and Run in background) are ticked.

Also, does the streaming issue occur with the preinstalled Music app on the phone as well?

As for the Instagram app, this may be due to the fact that Instagram has been set to work in Full Screen display mode. Check that by going to Settings > Display > Full screen display. If Instagram is there and selected, deactivate it then check the app again.

Hope this proves useful :D

Max
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Al!

Glad to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In response to the streaming issue, what you can try in this case is forcing the Deezer app to run in the background. To do that, you'll have to:

Open Phone Manager > Battery > Launch > Disable Manage all automatically.

Then, in the same menu, go to Manage batch manually, search for Deezer and make sure that all three boxes (Auto-launch, Secondary launch and Run in background) are ticked.

Also, does the streaming issue occur with the preinstalled Music app on the phone as well?

As for the Instagram app, this may be due to the fact that Instagram has been set to work in Full Screen display mode. Check that by going to Settings > Display > Full screen display. If Instagram is there and selected, deactivate it then check the app again.

Hope this proves useful :D

Max
Hi Max

Thanks for your speedy reply 😀 unfortunately what you recommended hasn't helped, same issue with Deezer and Instagram doesn't appear on the full screen app list so can't try that. I've previously tweeted Instagram and messaged them directly because forums indicate it is the Instagram app that may be at fault.

The Deezer/Bluetooth issue is my main concern because I use Deezer everyday.

I don't use the built in music app as I've used Deezer for my music for the past 5 years, previously used Samsung and HTC handsets and never had a problem with Deezer and Bluetooth streaming.

My friend has a p20 and has informed me that he has the same issue using the built in music app and his Bluetooth speaker. I've also just noticed my emails aren't syncing using the built in email app even when I pull down and refresh. 😞 Very frustrating.

Thanks again

Alan
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Sorry to hear that the issue still persists :(

In this case, I would kindly ask you to send to me in a private message your phone's IMEI and Build number, so we can report this case to the appropriate department. You can find both numbers in Settings > System > About phone.

To send a private message, please click on my name in the post and there you will have the option "Send message". Do not post either number on this discussion.

Looking forward to receive the information from you :D

Max
Hi all
I have a P20 pro. I'm starting to have problems with streaming tracks from Deezer. Every so often (not all the time) a track I'm listening to will start jumping and doubling back on itself. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Deezer app, but it hasn't solved the problem.
I'm pulling my hair out.... Help!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Lordpie1

I moved your question to this thread. The topicstarter also had problems with Deezer.

@MrA2018 has it been solved?
Userlevel 3
I have noted that I've also experienced deezer giving problems with a Skoda so sometimes I may need to pause and play to get sound on the next track in the car or adjust the volume.

I have realised that this doesn't happen when I recently started using Spotify again so it may be an oddly annoying deezer related issue!

Test your cars with Spotify or music players if the same issues occur!