Question

UK P20 Pro on Three network failed EMUI 9.1 update

Userlevel 1
  • Diligent Disciple
  • 12 replies
Hi Anyone else had this issue? I am on Three network The Phone bought SIM not locked. I was given the option to update to 9.1 yesterday so I was so happy and jumped at the chance as it said update will not needed a rest.
But when the update finished after restart when i checked it was still on 9.0 not 9.1
I called the help line this morning they said it may needs reset some cases so I backed every thing and just did a reset and I see I am still on 9.0 EMUI not 9.1

Also there is no update options as it says my my 9.0 is the latest version.

Kind REgards
Kuru

26 replies

I have the same Problem as you...
Any new informations about how to fix it?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Lumixy0 - We ask people if they are waiting for a software update to call the helpdesk as it might take a while for an update to arrive due to the release of the updates in different and separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly. Also, please be informed that another part that is important when receiving an update depends if the device is unlocked (SIM Free) or locked in a certain network (branded.) Therefore, some users might receive updates and security patches sooner than the others.

https://uk.community.huawei.com/software-40/waiting-on-a-software-update-phone-the-hotline-1034

If you're device says there is an update, but it's not loading, let the helpdesk know as well.
@Lumixy0 - We ask people if they are waiting for a software update to call the helpdesk as it might take a while for an update to arrive due to the release of the updates in different and separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly. Also, please be informed that another part that is important when receiving an update depends if the device is unlocked (SIM Free) or locked in a certain network (branded.) Therefore, some users might receive updates and security patches sooner than the others.

https://uk.community.huawei.com/software-40/waiting-on-a-software-update-phone-the-hotline-1034
If you're device says there is an update, but it's not loading, let the helpdesk know as well.

I already chatted to someone in the live Chat, but all i was told to do was to reset my device.
Where i think it won't Help because of the experiences kuru Made
Ive got the same problem. Told me I had an update, took a screenshot. The update was only 500mb but still on 9. 0
Really frustrating.
The phone is unlocked too which is a annoying.
Really gone off Huawei and the poor updates, no security one since Dec last year.
Ive got the same problem. Told me I had an update, took a screenshot. The update was only 500mb but still on 9. 0
Really frustrating.
The phone is unlocked too which is a annoying.
Really gone off Huawei and the poor updates, no security one since Dec last year.

I now have an annoying 3 Splash Screen on start Up, which wasn't there before updating...Well worth the 500mb
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
The 3 splash screen was added by the custom update that you had no choice but to install.

It won't be much longer till you get EMUI 10.
EMUI 9.1 isn't much different than 9.0 from a user perspective.
I don't have any inside knowledge but the 9.1 update appeared to have several issues for some users of some P series devices according to the forum.
It could be that they are preparing a new update for your phone that rectifies the issues people have experienced.
This happened to mines to I'm on Vodafone but now I have a 3 splash screen and no update. The phone never had a 3 sim card in it! It now says no update s availible still on 9.0
Hey Just a little Update:
Nothing has changed lol

Thanks Huawei for good Support :^)
Userlevel 2
This happened to mines to I'm on Vodafone but now I have a 3 splash screen and no update. The phone never had a 3 sim card in it! It now says no update s availible still on 9.0

Im with sky mobile and have this issue too. Offered update to 9.1 (exciting), quick update restart and 3 logo all over my phone. The 3 apps have preinatalled, Facebook installed, wiuntu app (3app) installed , phone slow to respond. Chrome freezes when using until app crashes.

This was a sim free phone with none of this installed . And to make matters worse still on 9.0.168 December 2018.

So no update has embedded 3 logos and preinatalled apps written into boot, so a factory reset still has all this crap embedded. Also can no longer downgrade to 8.1 in Hisuite.

Never had a 3 sim in it only a sky mobile sim.

Also cannot make calls now. When trying to it tells me to contact sky mobile.

Has my phone locked to 3 with this over the air wifi update.

My 4 month old phone is now a pile of sh*#e.

What do I do now.

Please help..
As I said I've reported this to Hua and its been escalated, but I won't buy another product as the updates and security updates have been crap and almost none since last year. With the ongoing issues with US and China so I do wonder about its future with Google
Same issue. I have p20 from Tesco mobile and after emui update i have 3 splash screen and still 9.0.0. Wtf???
I've escalated it and it's still being looked at from support. But everyone needs to to raise the problem via hi care chat or email etc
Im on live chat with Huawei support. We will see
If you have screenshot of the error it's helpful. I sent it along with the phones info including serial number etc which they ask for. Also say a few other users reported the same issues. Good luck
Okey i just finish chat with the customer service. They make a request for OTA update for my phone but i need to wait up to 7 workin days 😕
They didn't offer me that 😞

I've been through all the exact same stuff. Reset the phone, which didn't help, was told I'd be put on a list for an OTA push of 9.1, given the same wait up to 7 days rubbish , still no update. I think it's just to shut you up for a week. The 3 splash screen worries me that the phone is now waiting for the 3 branded version of EMUI 9.1
They now offered me the OTA in seven days, a higher number update not sure whether 9.1 but I won't get another Huawei especially now as the new Mate coming out won't have Google apps, the final nail in the coffin.
Userlevel 3
This is an absolute joke. Same issue as everyone else here.

Its now September and my £800 flagship phone from last year is still stuck on December security patch.

Damn you and your shady carrier deals. At least be open and honest about what's going on please. Stop fobbing people off with nonsense "advice".

Telling people to go through all the hassle of resetting their phone when it does absolutely nothing is beyond disgusting. You are making the situation worse by wasting even more customers time.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello all!

If you are still experiencing this kind of issues, please send me the following information in private message :

>serial number
>build number
>requested software
>sim card operator name

Looking forward to your messages!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Well to their credit they forced the OTA of April's security patch.
I then checked updates again and received the
the 9.1 update.
So I do feel people need to push for it but they did do this as promised in their email last Saturday.
Let's see how the phone perfomes now..
Best wishes Brian
Userlevel 1
@BarneyT my phone keeps asking to get updated around 3 or 4 times a day after i updated this is excatly why i want to have bootloader unlock support because i don't have these problems with my bootloader unlocked phone i can update whenever i want to whatever i want but now im stuck on a buggy Official outdated security patch with my expensive flagship with a security patch from almost a year old shame on u!!! you guys seems to give less and less about customers its rediculous the lack off support we are given.

sended from a bootloader unlocked p20 pro with the latest security patches....... so rediculous...
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Give this a go

Factory reset your phone
When it restarts, skip through everything, don't allow it to update!
When you get to the home screen, connect to your computer and open Hi Suite
Once your phone is connected to Hi Suite, click on System Update. There should now be an option to go back to a previous version (for me it was 9.0.0.293)
Follow the instructions and restore your phone

Let the update try downloading again
Finally after one week waiting i receive 9.1 update. But first there was april security patch after that emui 9.1