Answered

Which watch is best for use with P20 pro?

• 5 April 2019
  • 3 replies

My knowledge of new technology is limited to say the least so would really appreciate some advice on which smart watch to get for my hubby's Huawei P20 pro. He doesn't need one for athletics or anything complicated just a basic model which will give him good info about his health. I've looked on internet and the prices range from a few pounds to several hundreds and can't find anywhere that explains the difference so any help or advice much appreciated. Thanks folks.
icon

Best answer by Gordo26 9 April 2019, 12:46

Hi Dorsey,

I've had a few smart watches in my time from Sony to Huawei. For me my current Huawei Watch 2 is brilliant for my lifestyle.
It runs off the Android Wear operating system
Battery life is 2 days continuous use and then it drops into an energy saving mode which can make it last another day tracking steps and displaying time. Charging time is quick 0 to full in around 1hr so no big deal if it's running low.
Its currently on Amazon for £139.99
Is waterproof and available in 2 styles - Classic or Sports
I can track my runs/cycles, I can pay for items with Android pay and can check my heart rate at anytime.
The can also change the faces on my watch if perhaps im going to a wedding and would like a stylish watch face, then if im going a run just change to a simple digital face for quick glances.
The straps are changeable as well however I have stuck with the original sports band.

If you want a watch with longer battery have a look at the Huawei GT, I haven't owned that because I wanted to stay android wear is so I can't give any other personal views on that.
Hl
Hope this helps a bit x
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi Dorsey,

I've had a few smart watches in my time from Sony to Huawei. For me my current Huawei Watch 2 is brilliant for my lifestyle.
It runs off the Android Wear operating system
Battery life is 2 days continuous use and then it drops into an energy saving mode which can make it last another day tracking steps and displaying time. Charging time is quick 0 to full in around 1hr so no big deal if it's running low.
Its currently on Amazon for £139.99
Is waterproof and available in 2 styles - Classic or Sports
I can track my runs/cycles, I can pay for items with Android pay and can check my heart rate at anytime.
The can also change the faces on my watch if perhaps im going to a wedding and would like a stylish watch face, then if im going a run just change to a simple digital face for quick glances.
The straps are changeable as well however I have stuck with the original sports band.

If you want a watch with longer battery have a look at the Huawei GT, I haven't owned that because I wanted to stay android wear is so I can't give any other personal views on that.
Hl
Hope this helps a bit x
Thank you very much Gordo, very comprehensive and helpful answer. Will have a look at both. Thank you
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Dorsey

I have the Watch GT and, as @Gordo26 said, the battery life is incredible (weeks rather than days on one charge).

It runs on Huawei's own software which means it is a bit more limited than the Watch 2 in its 'smart functions' (e.g. you can't use it to pay at stores or take calls). That said, it does allow you to get notifications and its health tracking functions are brilliant. The Heart Rate and Sleep tracker alone are really useful but you can also track running, cycling and even swimming activity.

It's also available from the reduced price of £139.99 on Amazon at the moment, so it seems you have a couple of options here 🙂