Question

WiFi self activtion issue

• 11 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, lately I'm experiencing a problem with my P20 Pro where Wifi is switching itself on under unusual circumstances!!. At night I switch off Wifi and mobile data and then lock the phone but several time over the past 2 weeks Ive been awakened to Facebook Messenger alerts to discover that Wifi is enabled, mobile data is off, I discovered that if I left the phone face up this didnt occur. This morning I had occasion to set an Alarm clock call for an early morning appoinment, the alarm went off and I hit the snooze button, a few seconds later I started to get various internet alerts, again the Wifi was active. I tried reproducing this alarm clock scenario again but couldnt.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or any ideas as to how to solve it?

Regards
Kenny

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Hiya. Is it possible that WiFi+ has turned on? Go to settings > wireless & networks > WiFi > 3 dot menu > WiFi+ to check. This feature automatically switches between mobile and wifi data, so could possibly cause what you're seeing.

Regards,

Grumpy.
Hi grumpymike,

Thanks for the reply , yes WiFi+ is on but has been on for over a year and the issue only started about a month ago.Last friday I carried out Huawei suggestion of restoration to factory defaults which seems to have done the trick, fingers crossed, despite the inconvience that ensued.

Kenny