Answered

Auto rotate has disappeared on my P30 Pro after latest software patch today

• 15 August 2019
  • 5 replies

After receiving a message that there was a new software update EMUI 9.1.0 185(C431E4R2P2 patch 01) and 9.1.0.185(C431E4R2P2) size 4.1 GB to be downloaded today (15 Aug), I followed the usual procedure and the update completed relatively quickly.

However, I now find that the 'Auto Rotate' feature seems to have disappeared which normally allows a photo to be viewed in portrait, or landscape, simply by rotating the phone.

I find this particularly inconvenient, since I take a lot of photo's.

Has this somehow been missed in the latest update?
icon

Best answer by DRSC Media 17 August 2019, 21:30

We are on the same patch, autorotate is there, just double-checked.

Not sure if the update disabled autorotate on your side. Just drop down the settings menu and enable it, or edit the menu and re-add the option:

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hello there @Misterdad !

We're sorry to hear about the situation you've experienced!

Have you tried a simple factory reset?

Here's some help: https://uk.community.huawei.com/ask-a-question-faq-s-3/having-problems-with-your-device-try-to-reset-your-phone-1205

Please let us know if this helped!

Jack
Hi there Jack,

Thanks for your post above.
As it happens I have already tried the 'Factory Reset' a couple of times without success.

It's quite a pity that the auto rotate feature has disappeared, since I generally use 'Snapseed' to edit photo's, and I have found that being able to quickly rotate the photo to landscape is the most useful option when editing.

Look forward to hearing from you again

Howard
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
We are on the same patch, autorotate is there, just double-checked.

Not sure if the update disabled autorotate on your side. Just drop down the settings menu and enable it, or edit the menu and re-add the option:

Thank you for your reply DRSC Media,

The problem I have been having is finding the 'settings' screen as you show above in your graphics.
This is my settings screen where I cannot find the 'auto rotate' option.
Is there a way of of making your ''Settings' layout the default?

Many thanks for your advice

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
You are looking at the wrong menu. You are in the phone settings, I am in the quick menu: