Answered

Emails not loading - P30 Pro - G Mail

• 7 July 2019
  • 9 replies

So i have a new p30 pro, and all of a sudden emails wont loads now when i say they wont load
i mean the images/texts etc everything cant be seen
but if you tocuh the screen any hyperlinks that are there can be clicked on, obvs you have no idea what you are clicking.

I am using the Gmail app that comes with the phone and my phone was bought before all the trump stuff....

Had a look at all the settings and reset it
wiped cache
reset the phone etc
nothing works

any help would be great thanks
icon

Best answer by BattleCrap 20 September 2019, 00:18

FIXED (At least for me)

After ensuring fully updated, reinstalling multiple times. Restarting phone. etc didn't work.

I instead, held the power button down, then selected POWER DOWN, instead of restart.
This fixed the issue the OP was describing, I had the identical issue with the gmail app.

Very bizarre.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
So i have a new p30 pro, and all of a sudden emails wont loads now when i say they wont load
i mean the images/texts etc everything cant be seen
but if you tocuh the screen any hyperlinks that are there can be clicked on, obvs you have no idea what you are clicking.

I am using the Gmail app that comes with the phone and my phone was bought before all the trump stuff....

Had a look at all the settings and reset it
wiped cache
reset the phone etc
nothing works

any help would be great thanks

Try this, open Gmail then click the 3 dashes in the top left corner, scroll down to settings, click on the email account you are having issues with (not general settings) then scroll to the bottom where it says download attachments and tick the box next to it. See if this helps.
I have the same problem like HughAlder and nothing worked... Thank you TechZilla, I already tried this and still not working....
Weird problem...

I'm not using Gmail app but the email Huaweii app (I confirm I don't have same issue on Gmail app after checking)
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I don't use either app. I use outlook. You don't need a Microsoft email. You can sign in using a Google email.
Does the email work in browser?
Yes @Plymalan I just checked opening my email in a browser and I can see the previews (of animation and....) So It's only not working on "Email" basic P30 pro application....
I didn't find any option to configure...
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Have you checked huawei App Gallery for any updates that may be available?
I update all apps daily when new versions are available, thanks for trying to help 😉
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Oh and does it display in Gmail app?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Oh and it seems the Huawei Email app isn't available for our region.
The version number I have is 9.0.1.334.

I would recommend using Gmail or Outlook apps.

FIXED (At least for me)

After ensuring fully updated, reinstalling multiple times. Restarting phone. etc didn't work.

I instead, held the power button down, then selected POWER DOWN, instead of restart.
This fixed the issue the OP was describing, I had the identical issue with the gmail app.

Very bizarre.