Answered

Fingerprint sensor icon blinking randomly

• 10 April 2019
  • 27 replies

I have the P30 model, software up to date and as the title says, the FP sensor is blinking randomly, if fact it does not even seem to react to the proximity of my hand (as it theoretically should).
I thought of a proximity sensor malfunction, so I tested in on a with an app, it works as expected.
Do you have the same behaviour with yours?
icon

Best answer by bobo 12 April 2019, 10:12

Hi,@daze507
We are working on this issue and expect to release a new version in May. Please wait patiently for the system version update.
View original

27 replies

Same thing happening to me 😕 Wish someone would tell what is wrong with it
I've also have the problem of fingerprint sensor blinking randomly continously, even without touching the phone.
Is this normal or a software/hardware problem ?
We are not the only one with this issue. Here is a thread from another forum.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/huawei-p30-p30-pro/953306-huawei-p30-fingerprint-icon-showing-up-idle-phone-screen.html

https://forums.androidcentral.com/huawei-p30-p30-pro/953306-huawei-p30-fingerprint-icon-showing-up-idle-phone-screen.html

We're definitely not the only ones, I see the issue popping up here and there in some forums.
P30 pro is definitely no affected, only some P30 which would indicate some HW differences.
I tested every sensor on the phone and they all work as intended.
In any case, Huawei really has to release an official statement about that and soon.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi,@daze507
We are working on this issue and expect to release a new version in May. Please wait patiently for the system version update.
Hi,@daze507

Hi bobo, thank you for the info. No problem with waiting as long as we know the issue is "fixable" and we don't have to send back the device for replacement.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@bobo the same happens on my phone. Happy to help to test a fix
Hi,

I have p30 PRO in black and the same problem with this fingerprint symbol!!! Flashing randomly every 10-15 second !! No display protection.

So not only p30 ... The p30 pro also has the fingerprint issue as well ...
Hi,@daze507

Please consider that also the p30 PRO has this issue with fingerprint flashing every 10-15 second! Thanks !

We're definitely not the only ones, I see the issue popping up here and there in some forums.
P30 pro is definitely no affected, only some P30 which would indicate some HW differences.
I tested every sensor on the phone and they all work as intended.
In any case, Huawei really has to release an official statement about that and soon.

Wrong! I have a p30 pro and I can say it is affected!! Fingerprint symbol flashing every 10-15 seconds. Really annoying.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi,@Dodsble
This phenomenon will not affect the normal use of fingerprint function, please rest assured. We have solved this problem and expect a new version to be released later. Please wait patiently for system updates.
Hi,@Dodsble
This phenomenon will not affect the normal use of fingerprint function, please rest assured. We have solved this problem and expect a new version to be released later. Please wait patiently for system updates.

Hi @bobo, I bought my P30 in Hong Kong and it's also affected by this problem.
Is there any date set for the next update, the in-store exchange warranty on this phone expires in 7 days - if the update is not pushed out and confirmed to solve the issue, I'm returning my device for a new one.

Thanks
It seems there's no point getting a replacement, it's a hit or miss, as they are likely to have the same issue:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=953306&p=6532639&viewfull=1#post6532639

Let's hope Huawei pushes out the May update soon.

Cheers
hello, i have another problem with my p30 after 2days of use display started flickering after lock the phone, only when i use the fingerprint feature 😞 https://uloz.to/live/!68hi8QCJSk8q/34a48123-76e3-400f-941d-6517afedfb54-mov
Hi,@daze507

HI,

is this fix a part of the new EMUI 9.1.0.153 update?

I have this issue and unfortunately it is increbibly annoying, especially at night. Im torn between waiting for a fix and getting a replacement from the store.

Thanks!
Hi!

I have the same problem with my P30.
I hope it's only a software problem, since my workmate has the same phone with the same software version.
He doesn't have any problem with the fingerprint scanner... I hope it's not a sensor issue or something like that.

Getting a replacement is not on option, since a lot of users had the same problem after getting the new phone.
I asked Hungarian Huawei customer service about the blinking, they said it's normail and it's a feature not a problem. They don't fix it in warranty. And they don't know any upcoming software update for this "problem"...
My new P30 pro has the same problem. Is a fix expexted soon? May has arrived. Thinking about returning it if fix is not released soon
Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,@daze507

HI,

is this fix a part of the new EMUI 9.1.0.153 update?

I have this issue and unfortunately it is increbibly annoying, especially at night. Im torn between waiting for a fix and getting a replacement from the store.

Thanks!

Hi,Do you still have this problem after updating this version?
I had the phone replaced by the store under warranty. New phone does not have the problem at all. Battery life has doubled! I suppose mine was not a software problem but it was a real hardware problem. Glad I had it replaced.
I had the same problem, today I recieved the .153 update and it fixed the blinking issue. The fingerprint icon changed as well from the white one to the metallic version.
Mine, p30 pro, had the issue also after the system update.
Userlevel 1
I had the same problem, today I recieved the .153 update and it fixed the blinking issue. The fingerprint icon changed as well from the white one to the metallic version.
Can confirm. It's fixed in 153 update.
When will the 153 update come through? I'm apparently on the current update on 9.1.0.124. I've only had it over a week and I love it, but the fingerprint scanner blinking is frustrating me
Just keep checking the software update app everyday. Mine came through yesterday. Confirmed to be fixed on the P30. It's nearly a 600mb update